PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

LJ3
04-21-2017, 05:25 AM
Is overrated! Not really but I don't seem to get much of it. Having a Fitbit at least gives me data about it. Three hours and 22 minutes of sleep last night.

Which, by the by, is bullshit!

Captain
04-21-2017, 05:27 AM
I'm the same way, but I have never required much sleep.
In bed at 11 last night and up at 4 this morning.
Them Turkeys steal a lot of my sleep.

LJ3
04-21-2017, 07:47 AM
My problem is I need the sleep but don't get it very often. I've done all the sleep studies and blah blah but nothing seems to make a difference.

Captain
04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Stress, I recommend retirement. Shoot hogs, turkey, Deer and catch allot of fish. Or at least TRY to catch a lot of fish...
Plant food plots keep corn in feeders all year, spray weeds, trim limbs around stands, build, fix and repair stands. If your boots don't have mud on them, you ain't doing something right.
Then and only them will you sleep like a baby.

DeputyDog
04-21-2017, 08:24 AM
That doesn't sound like it's being stress free causing you to sleep like a baby. It's just being plumb wore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-21-2017, 09:07 AM
I've done all the sleep studies and blah blah but nothing seems to make a difference.

I've NEVER required much sleep and have NEVER slept much. Even as a kid, I'd be up and waiting for the sunrise. You sound like a good candidate for CPAP. It's not necessarily how MUCH sleep you get, but the QUALITY of the sleep you get.

LJ3
04-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Nope. No apnea. I've had 3 different sleep studies. Idiopathic somnolence of some kind. Doc speak for you wake up a shit ton and we have no idea why. I've tried every med known to man for it. I take trazadone now which puts me down pretty effectively without a drug hangover but I never stay down long.

Thumper
04-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Yeppers, I'm on Trazadone also .... AND CPAP. One of the side benefits of CPAP is, now Lynn and I BOTH sleep well. Ya' ain't gonna be snoring with the CPAP.

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure if it'll work for you but it worked for me. When I started working out after surgery last summer my resting bpm was about 81 and my regular heart beat was close to 90. I was waking up at 3:30 every morning regardless of when I went to bed, mind racing, raring to go. Since then I've dropped my resting bpm to 64 and my 'regular' heartbeat is about 72 or so, unless I'm actively doing something. I'm sleeping 6-7 hours a night and only getting up the one time Renaldo wakes me up to go pee at (like clockwork) 3:00AM. I'm pretty sure the cardio work has made the difference for me. My only deal is I have to make myself stay up until after 10:00 so I'm not up too damned early. The difference? When I wake up, I'm looking forward to the day and I get right up feeling good.
Being retired might have something to do with it too. But I think if you work on tageting lowering your rest bpm on your fitbit you'll see a difference.

BKB

LJ3
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
We can't manage what we can't measure. Are you sure you're retired? :)

I actually like the idea.