PDA

View Full Version : What the h3ll's up with this crazy weather???....

Big Muddy
04-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Got a weather system coming thru this weekend, and the temps are gonna drop into the 40's....sheeit, it's almost May....too chilly to work, so I guess I'll just hafta take off work, and try to kill a gobbler...."try", being the operative word....season ends May 1st.

I swear, these smart-azz feathered bastages are driving me crazy....by now, I've already spent enough gas money that I coulda just bought a plane ticket, and go poach on Cappy's turkey honey hole....you listening, Cap??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Its raining like a cow pissing on aflat rock since about 4:00 this morning. It sounds like the Alamo here too, lightning everywhere.

BKb

Big Muddy
04-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Yep, I wasn't gonna accuse you, but YOUR sheeity weather will become OUR sheeity weather, tomorrow. ;)

LJ3
04-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Pretty much like clockwork at this point. Whatever is happening to posthole will happen to me in 24 hours. Minus the 'naders, which is fine by me. I think our mountains knock the teef out of the mean stuff for us.

Big Muddy
04-21-2017, 10:55 AM
We really need to miss this rain system, coming thru down here....my farmers are only about 75% completed with soybean planting....they need one more week of dry weather....then, the cotton planting will begin, shortly thereafter....lotta cotton being planted this year, with the corn market being so depressed.

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2017, 11:02 AM
We've been pretty dry this spring considering we've been in a moderate drought. Especially in western Oklahoma in wheat country. As of yesterday they said our drought was over. Of course we're getting what we normally get ytd in a couple of days.

BKB

DeputyDog
04-21-2017, 12:27 PM
We've been in the High 60's or higher for the past few days but it's on 50 today with lows in the High 30's. Had storms come through yesterday that dumped a ton of rain real quick in a couple of bursts.

I was working and got caught in the last one. It was raining hard enough you could barely see and a young girl lost track of where she was on the road, went way left of center and nailed another car head on just about a half mile in front of me. So I was stuck out in that rain working the crash and tending to the injured. Even with a rain coat on, I couldn't have gotten any wetter if I'd jumped in the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
04-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Ddog, incidents like that are what really makes me appreciate what you law enforcement folks do for us..... thank you!!!

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2017, 01:45 PM
No kidding. Same here Dufus! Keep yer poudre dry.

BKB