PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Talk about a run-on sentence!

Thumper
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
I received a couple of "Prescription Discount Cards" in the mail for "me or my family". I didn't request the cards and don't need them (I get my Rx's free from VA), but figured they may help my mom out. She's on Medicare of course, but this card promises discounts on almost any Rx ... even for those on Medicare. Ok, what's the catch? The cards are free .. how do they make their money? Is it a scam or are they legit? I figured I'd do a little research on the net and was overwhelmed with all the discussion out there. I guess there are a zillion different sources offering cards like these. My particular cards came from "Health Benefits Network" but on the back of the card there are two different logos ... with two different names. One is Loeb Enterprises and the other is Pharmacy Discount Network. Basically there are three different names on these cards. I smell a rat ... but wanted to research it before I cut them up ... but I still haven't really figured if they work or if they're some sort of phishing scam (which is the direction I'm leaning). There is no personal info on the card, not even a name and they say you can share them with anybody ... family, friend ... doesn't matter.

Anyway ... I'm a bit skeptical and will most likely throw them in the shredder ... but here's the whole point of my post. As I was researching, I ran across a site much like ours (non-hunting/fishing related) which contained this post from one of it's members. Man-o-man, it sure makes you appreciate punctuation! Can you count the "periods"? (I have to assume "form" means "forum") :stupid:

Ok so like most of the rest of the people on this form I have just joined today so this is what I have to say because I read so many of the forms and it seems that there is one thing that is making this thing a scam is that they have your information because yes they have a membership number on them but they don't have any link to any personal information other then if they got your name and address from something else because I have been into making money online this year and have learned a lot of things about finding a scam and for this reason I guess they have sent me more of the cards that I can hand out to friends and family as I wish and yes if they use the card then I will get paid like $10 per card so I just want everyone to know the facts about what Im trying to say here. Im not trying to promote the card just want to help so the whole point of this post is that the cards that they gave me to hand out all have the same number on them so if I give them to someone without sending them through the mail so then they wouldn't have any of the information about the person using the card so the only way they could get the information is from the pharmacies so that is all I have to say and I'm still looking into it myself so not going to say its not a scam but Im also not going to say that it is a scam but I really can't find anything wrong with it as of yet. I hope you find an answer that will make you feel better one way or the other.