PDA

View Full Version : A Double Shot of Wake Up!

Big Skyz
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Man, I have a tough time on mornings like this. Normally I am actually a monring person, but not today. For no particular reason my butt is dragging big time. I get to work and decide I need a Diet Mt. Dew to get my day jump started. Drank it and realized one isn't enough. Now workng on my second and it's not even 8:00am yet. I have meetings later tonight that won't get over until around 9-9:30pm. It's going to be one loooooooooong day. So if you hear about some kind of Zombie sighting in Montana on the news tonight, it was just me.

Big Muddy
01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Sky, maybe this will wake you up, and put a smile on your face....this is A.J. McCarron's(QB for Alabama) girlfriend....she is Miss Alabama.

Ironic, but she attends Bama's arch rival, Auburn....with a body like that, who cares??? ;)

hotshot
01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah,she's cute. Did you hear the TV annoouncers drueling over her last night..... borderline sexual harrassment.

Big Muddy
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Yep, sure did....and, her mom is a hottie, too. ;)

HideHunter
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
lol.. Man, I don't know how you can gag that stuff down... I'd rather drink a water glass full of straight whiskey. Of course, I guess that wouldn't have the desired effect. :D

And on another note - speaking of Miss America. My step-niece is Miss Iowa and will be competing against that gorgeous thing. Of course as I tell everyone - even though she's a step-niece she bears a very strong family resemblece to her old Uncle HideHunter.. He's pretty too.

Thumper
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I can't handle that nasty tasting diet stuff ... but if I drink a frigging regular Mt. Dew ... I'm wired for about 12 hours! I won't even CONSIDER trying to sleep at night if I drink one too late in the day!

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I take it you don't care or coffee?

BKB

Thumper
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I take it you don't care or coffee?

BKB

You talkin' to me or Mr. Sky? I've never drank coffee in my life ... tried it a few times though ... NASTY stuff! (that is NOT the case for the Kaluha in a Black Russian though!) ;)

Thumper
01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I just remembered sumpin'. At one outpost in the military when I was working the Vietnamese mission ... the coffee pot was stationed right next to my pod. All I had to do was reach over for a cup of coffee and didn't even have to get out of my chair or take my headsets off. I don't think it really counts though ... if I remember correctly, my "cup of coffee" consisted of 1/2 cup coffee with a 1/2 cup of cream & sugar!

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
There's no accounting for taste I guess. I love coffee. and its caffeine delivery the way it was meant to be delivered and not some soda pop.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
If you want a real treat, next time you're at a Thai or Vietnamese place ask for an iced coffee.

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 04:01 PM
The coffee shop at work has one they call the 'Americana' which is a double shot of espresso over ice with a little half and half thrown in. I've tried to make them at home but they just aren't the same.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I think they use sweetened condensed milk in the Thai/Vietnamese versions. Last time we were at our favorite Vietnamese place, Matt was pestering me to let him try one. Everybody there, including the waitress, thought it was a bad idea. Since I was getting dropped off at the airport on the way home, I figured "who not?" Mama was not pleased with the results. Something about quivering and twitching mixed in with inappropriate outbursts....

hotshot
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Wait thumper- if you were in the military and you did not drink coffee- didn't you have to work twice as much as everybody else?????

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Haha, likely the other way around. He was probably snoozing with his feet up on a desk.
I think it was the military that got me started drinking the stuff.

BKB

Bwana
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Still can't understand how people can drink coffee. Like Thumper I have tried it a number of times over the years and it plain sucks!

As for eddie's idea for waking up...pretty sure she would make me VERY tired. :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Well Bwana, it would keep me a wake for a few minutes fer sure!
Then I might need a nap.
BKB

Buckrub
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Mt Dew is the prefferred drink of meth heads.

My dentist buddy arranges those free clinics all over the state and he says he pulls more rotten teeth due to mt dew than any other cause....even dip.

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I thought that shit made their teeth fall out all on their own. Didn't know it was from Dew. I'll stick to the good old original mountain dew, thank you, and I'll shut up my mug if you fill up my jug......

BKB

jb
01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I can't do caffeine, makes the ticker do weird things ,for the past 25 years I have had to drink caffeine free pop and decaf coffee.
Drink about 3 cups of decaf coffee a day, and my pop is usually 7UP. Can't say I miss the regular stuff.

Thumper
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
POP??? Is there a Yankee in the house? ;)

Sunshine
01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
What's wrong with the word "pop"?
That's what I call it.
Probably had 5 all of last year and it was Rootbeer!!!
I drink mainly water.

Kahlua and cream couple times a year! Lol

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm with Thumper. I likes me some kahlua and vodka. Goes together like peas and carrots.
BKB

Thumper
01-09-2013, 09:04 AM
What's wrong with the word "pop"?
That's what I call it.

Well that's expected from someone up nawth Sunshine. I don't care which side of the Mississippi you're on ... you live 12 feet from the Canuckian border ... so you're a Yankee too! :D

jb
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
My drink of choice is Bourbon, but over the holidays, kids always buy me a big bottle of Baileys Irish Cream, that over ice is a nice sippen drink, some over ice cream is even better, may even add some to my defaf coffee ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Funy you say that, Jerry. I buy a big bottle of baileys every holiday on my last day of work and drink a little in every cup of coffee I drink. I bought this year's bottle on the 19th and finished it off on Jan 3rd right before I went back to work. About the only way I drink it is in coffee.

BKB

Thumper
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm not a drinker (well, when I was, it was beer 99.9% of the time), so what's the deal with Baileys and Christmas? Is that like eggnog or sumpin' ... like it's just a "holiday" thing? Lynn was given a bottle of Baileys over the holiday also. Said she couldn't wait to grab a cup of coffee to put it in.

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Its not got much alkyhaul in it, Thumper. More of a liqueur type deal I reckon. Its great in a cup of coffee after a good meal when you're out and about and don't want to drink and drive. I can't imagine what it'd be like to get tipsy on Baileys. I SURE don't want to imagine what the hangover would be like.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I may have mentioned this previously....last year, I went rabbit hunting with a couple of old buddies....it was quite a cold day, and about halfway thru the hunt, one of 'em pulled out a flask from his hunting coat....the flask was warm from being kept under his jacket, next to his body....he passed it around, and I took my obligatory sip....it was warm peach schnapps, and delicious....I've been hooked on it, ever since.

I even spiked the entire gallon urn of hot spiced tea with it, which wifey always serves to our guests on Christmas day....there wasn't a drop left over. ;)

The funny thing about it was, my grandson was riding with me, when I nearly forgot to pick up a couple of bottles of the schnapps....there was only one more liquor store at the edge of town, so I ran in there....when, I returned to the truck, I told him not to tell anyone that we stopped at the liquor store.

As youngsters will do, when we walked into the houseful of guests, he announced to everyone, "Pappy's gonna get everybody drunk!!!" ;)

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Bailey's in your hot cocoa makes a real nice toddy on a snow day as well. My Mrs., who drinks it on the rocks pretty often, would also tell you to not skimp and buy another brand of Irish Cream.

LJ3
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Bailey's in your hot cocoa makes a real nice toddy on a snow day as well.

For the love, people! Can we sack up and talk about more Masculine things like when everyone talked about their favorite underwear?

Uhhhh, wait... Never mind.

Thumper
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Eddie, that reminds me of the military (while going to spy school). I was in with a group of dudes from Wisconsin and they got me started on drinking peppermint schnapps. Man-o-man, it was a bit "too good" ... if you know what I mean. Wow! That was a loooong time ago but seems like just yesterday. :(

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
For the love, people! Can we sack up and talk about more Masculine things like when everyone talked about their favorite underwear?

Uhhhh, wait... Never mind.

This from a guy who sleep swith cats and is afraid of ghosts! (In my defense, it was cold a couple of weeks ago Sunday night at the Redskins game and it was the best $9 I ever gave Dan Snyder!

jb
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Hell, I bet there are a few of you out there that drank Mad Dog 20/20 and Colt 45 too. :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
No Colt 45 or MD 20/20 here.

For us it was Strawberry Hill and Country Club Malt Liquor.

BKB

Big Skyz
01-09-2013, 06:20 PM
From Diet Mt. Dew and dragging butt to alcohol...only on Goodhunting...

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Bubba started it.

BKB

Buckrub
01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
You people have issues.

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
One thing I've learned in this life is that everybody has issues.