PDA

View Full Version : The First Step is Admitting You Have a Problem

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
So its rainy and cold today (its a good old blackberry winter) and I decided to clean off/out my desk.
Its been a while and I have a couple of reels to work on. and guitars to polish and clean up and fondle. And big, impotent people to meet. And all that shit.

So when I got done, basically all I did was mainly rearrange a bunch of 'stuff' (another person's 'shit' per George Carlin) I need to throw away.

Case in point:

I have no idea what this came out of but it a damn good spring. And when you need one, a damn good spring beats a mediocre one every time. So here's my probem. I save stuff like this all the time. Leftover screws go in a big coffee can. Along with little brackets. I really love little brackets.

I would be willing to bet I could throw away all of that crap and I'd never miss it. But then again, springs are needed all the time. And a good spring....

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2017, 12:48 PM
And I need Bwana's sister. I even edited it and turned it up side down. I even took it landscape. don't try to tell me this simple ass shit is an apple problem.

BKB

Thumper
04-26-2017, 01:13 PM
I thought it was hanging from the ceiling. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2017, 01:14 PM
That's one of the things that makes it an awesome spring.

BKB

Thumper
04-26-2017, 01:22 PM
I'll admit, I have the same problem. I have drawers, cans, jars and boxes full of crap like that. Some of that stuff I probably haven't even touched in 40 years, but I'll guarandamntee you, if I chunk it in the trash today, I'll need something out of that pile tomorrow!

LJ3
04-26-2017, 01:43 PM
I see you have the dunlop polish. I got the whole kit for christmas. all the products work great!

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2017, 01:47 PM
I see you have the dunlop polish. I got the whole kit for christmas. all the products work great!

Yup! If only it would make me practice!

BKB

LJ3
04-26-2017, 01:57 PM
You should use that fretboard conditioner on your D28, too. That brought my beat up ole washburn rosewood back to life.

Practice schmatice. Corn likker and me is all you need :)

Hombre
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
You know when my parents retired (and moved) they down sized a lot of stuff. I think they're happy for it. It really simplified life for them

quercus alba
04-26-2017, 02:37 PM
Sounds like we need to stage an intervention in Oklahoma. Posthole has a big green egg and a pool. Probably got some likker stashed somewhere. I don't drink so some of you would have to consume my share

Hombre
04-26-2017, 02:43 PM
That's a good idea...I've spent quite a bit of time in and around that pool, and consumed a fair share of likker in that pool, and recycled a fair share of it back into that pool

Trav
04-26-2017, 04:33 PM
That's a good idea...I've spent quite a bit of time in and around that pool, and consumed a fair share of likker in that pool, and recycled a fair share of it back into that pool

Ditto, don't tell Barry but I banged a chick in that pool when I was house sitting for him.

Thumper
04-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Well, NOW I'm glad I had no desire to jump in that pool as I sat b/s'ing at P-hole's chow-down table! 😳

Hombre
04-26-2017, 05:49 PM
You can't spell Pool without P

airbud7
04-26-2017, 06:28 PM
you know your a redneck when you say I gotta pee then jump in the pool and start grinning like a jackass eating briars