PDA

View Full Version : There's still some honest folks out there....

Big Muddy
04-27-2017, 09:53 PM
I got a friend-of-a-friend who found a $1,500 Browning A-5 in a soft case, laying on the side of a country road, where he turkey hunts....with the aid of the serial #'s and some investigative work, he returned it to the rightful owner.

Now, that's an honest MS guy, right there.

Hombre
04-28-2017, 12:59 AM
An old square back

quercus alba
04-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Didn't Browning buy the patent for the old old Remington model 11?

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2017, 07:34 AM
That doesn't happen very often. Good on your buddy.

BKb

Arty
04-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Now this reminds me of my dad.
We were driving to Florida for vacation one summer and headed down 95S. I was maybe 10-11 years old.
Out of nowhere a bill flew past our windshield. My dad said "that was money!" Then seconds later a few more blew across the interstate right in front of us.
My dad took the next exit, headed back to where he saw it and pulled over. He and my mom spent the next 15 minutes picking up money from the shoulder and the grass.
Then they found a wallet!
They got back in the car and counted the money up (I don't remember exactly how much but it was over a hundred dollars I know that) and started picking through the wallet.
The guys license was in there along with a gas card a credit card and a inch of other stuff. Guy was from somewhere way out of state, like Missouri or something.
When we got to my aunts house the next day my dad put all the money and the wallet in a big envelope and mailed it to the address on the license. He put a note saying he'd found it on 95S and gave the general area.

Weeks later my dad gets a letter back from the guy, Thanking him for sending it all back to him. He explained that he was riding his motorcycle down to Florida and the wallet apparently just worked its way out of his pocket!
I always wondered how that guy got back home with no money, and no gas or credit card.