PDA

View Full Version : Hey Big Sky!

Thumper
05-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Lynn and I went out to dinner a couple nights ago. We found a nice Korean restaurant we've never been to and wanted to try it out. Man, the place was beautiful inside, the service was superb and the whole staff was super friendly and accommodating. We WILL be going back!

The major plus? They had a listing on the menu stating "all you can eat" for $24.95 each! For $24.95 you could chose from six different meats and for $34.95, you had a choice of TWELVE different meats! We went for the 6-meat option and man-o-man, did we pig out! Here's our first round ... my favorite, Bulgogi (beef) is hidden by Lynn's arm, the other dishes are beef brisket, pork and pork belly. The next round we had pork collar, Bulgogi and chicken ... can't remember what the third round was but I hit the Bulgogi on every round. I did a major job on the kimchi (best I've ever had, including in Seoul!), the daikon/carrots and some killer extra firm tofu! Just so you know ... I thought about'cha buddy. ;)

First round,

Hombre
05-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Man our food taste run really close, I love me some Korean BBQ. When I was in Seoul and Busan I couldn't get enough.

Thumper
05-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Yeppers, we'll be headed to Los Angeles for a couple weeks this month and we always hit Korea Town at least once while there. We were just there in November, but there are so many choices of places to eat, we seldom hit the same place more than once! Years ago, I was dating a Korean gal, Suk Lee (No! It's pronounced "Sook" ... but yes, she sure could! ;) ) who lived in Korea Town and her mom loved cooking for me! I'd always stop eating before I really wanted to, only because I didn't want to embarrass myself! ;)

Big Skyz
05-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Well that's one meal I could give you a run for your money on. I could definitely put a hurt on that spread. Looks incredible!

quercus alba
05-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Thump, you ever had Korean barbecue meatloaf? I fixing that for a potluck this weekend

Thumper
05-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Can't say that I ever have Q/A. If I did, I sure don't remember it.

You're on B/S ... just remember, my tank is bigger than yours! ;)