PDA

View Full Version : Thumper

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Celtic Woman is coming to Tulsa. I didn't remember if you gave it two thumbs up or not.

BKB

Thumper
05-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Lynn and I catch their show whenever they're in town. I think we've been three times now. It's probably not for everybody, but there are very few types of music I don't like. Sit through this one and if you don't get goosebumps, you should probably skip it. (crank up the volume) ;)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HsCp5LG_zNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thumper
05-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Or, if you want to save the price of admission, just take an hour or so to sit through this one. That little blonde is a pretty decent fiddle player.

<iframe width="1920" height="1200" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B8VeshPgJzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LJ3
05-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Posthole.... even with Jimmie's cluelessness, I'm considering banning you from the site for all eternity.

Thumper
05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Hey! I can't help it if I outclass you Ticboy, but ya' don't haf'ta get nasty about it! :thack

LJ3
05-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Neither one of us is gonna get a seat at the head table but at least I won't get sat with the geriatric celtic crowd :)

Thumper
05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
I was in my teens once, so I understand where you're coming from, but some of us more mature and highly intelligent folk will just sit back and wait for the day when you develop a bit more and learn to broaden your horizons. We'll be waiting for you on the flip side little grasshopper. :moon

Big Muddy
05-02-2017, 10:22 PM
I have a confession to make, so go ahead and diss me, too....I watch the Celtic Women, every time they come on PBS.....I turn the volume down, so my wife won't hear the music, and call me a big wuss....they are some of the most talented gals, I've ever heard.

quercus alba
05-03-2017, 07:09 AM
I'm partly Irish, I can stand a little of them.

Give me ZZ Top or CCR or Jethro Tull any day

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Posthole.... even with Jimmie's cluelessness, I'm considering banning you from the site for all eternity.

Hahahaha, and apparently he's not the only one!

BKB

Thumper
05-03-2017, 08:21 AM
I'm partly Irish, I can stand a little of them.

Give me ZZ Top or CCR or Jethro Tull any day

Well dang Q/A, I'd have to agree with you there! I never said anything about Celtic Women being my number one choice in the world, but I do have a very wide range of music likes and Celtic Women are pretty refreshing and it's a relaxing atmosphere. When it comes to concerts, I can be a "Parrothead" one night and a "Deadhead" the next.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Well dang Q/A, I'd have to agree with you there! I never said anything about Celtic Women being my number one choice in the world, but I do have a very wide range of music likes and Celtic Women are pretty refreshing and it's a relaxing atmosphere. When it comes to concerts, I can be a "Parrothead" one night and a "Deadhead" the next.

And some nights are girl's night out!

BKb

Thumper
05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Q/A, for the record, you also have to remember we live on a very tight budget these days. Lynn works for the Hyatt and the hotel shares the same property with the Convention Center here in town. The Center and the Hyatt work closely together as that's where the performers normally stay while here. You can literally walk out the front door of the Hyatt and straight into the center. If I were a groupie, I could probably have autographs from every member of every band who comes to town. But back to that tight budget, since Lynn works so closely with the Center, we get free tickets for any performance that comes to town ... PLUS we get the added bonus of free parking at the hotel. The first time Celtic Women came to town, we didn't have anything going on, so we decided to go that night. We enjoyed it, so we go see them anytime they're here. It's partyly just to have something to do that gets us out of the house for an evening, doesn't cost us anything and it's a relaxing and enjoyable outing. (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it) :D

Thumper
05-03-2017, 08:35 AM
And some nights are girl's night out! BKb

I'm not sure how to take that one. On one hand I could agree ... on the other hand, I think I need to say "BITE ME"! For some odd reason, I think it's probably the latter. ;)

quercus alba
05-03-2017, 09:05 AM
I know the cost of living is higher in hanging chad land than southern Arkansas but your eBay earnings are more than my wages after taxes. So I understand how important freebies are

LJ3
05-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure how to take that one. On one hand I could agree ... on the other hand, I think I need to say "BITE ME"! For some odd reason, I think it's probably the latter. ;)

Definitely stick with the latter :)

Thumper
05-03-2017, 09:14 AM
I know the cost of living is higher in hanging chad land than southern Arkansas but your eBay earnings are more than my wages after taxes. So I understand how important freebies are

Those proceeds are reserved for travel. I figure if we can't make it through the month on my Social Security, we need to cut more corners. I LIVE to travel ... it's always been my No. 1 passion. (well, except for hot wimmins maybe) ;)