PDA

View Full Version : Live Eagle Webcam......

Niner
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Pretty cool. Live streaming webcam setup watching an eagle's nest....with young ones.

http://www.ustream.tv/SOUTHWESTFLORIDAEAGLECAM

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Feeding them right now.

Somebody needs to climb up there and wipe that lens off.

BKB

HideHunter
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Good god they had one of those things up at Dubuque last year and it became a national phenomenom.. phemomenon.. femomone.. uhh.. lot's of people were interested. Don't mind me.. I'm about 6 fingers into a four finger Absolut Martini. ;)

Arty
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Does Daddy help out or is it just the mom?

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Both eagles brought stuff back while I was watching this afternoon.
BKB

Sunshine
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
I think there's something wrong with the one eagle. It shouldn't be holding it mouth open, so much, like its having a hard time breathing.
Just wonder if its ok?

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2013, 10:50 PM
The ones I've watched do that all the time. And remember, it's hot down there in florida too.

BKB

Sunshine
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Oh ya I forgot its in Florida!

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 09:22 AM
She's real proud of that piece of pine top or grass plug or whatever it is she just brought back to the nest. Keeps rearranging it like its a new piece of furniture or something.

BKB

Thumper
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I was watching around "5'ish" yesterday and saw a mini-van pull up and park on the street near the corner. Looked like mom (or dad?) got out with two kids and the family dog. They stood in that clearing on the corner for quite some time while looking up toward the nest. I'm amazed at how many bald eagles we have down here ... as a kid I never saw one ... or if I thought I did, it was really an osprey (they're EVERYWHERE). We have an eagle nest in the top of an old snag that I can look out my office window and see. He/she comes flying around the house quite often and of course ... Lynn's always worried about the cats. I doubt I could drive anywhere around here for over 10 minutes and not see one or two.

Conservation works (I assume along with the DDT ban in regards to eagles) as it was VERY rare to even see an alligator when I was growing up as a kid. Now, if there's a body of water ... there's a gator in it. I mean, ANY body of water! Heck, there's even a gator in the retention pond (reservoir for rainwater run-off from the parking lot) behind the mall!

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
That's a big dad gum fish that one of them just brought back to the nest! Still flopping too!

she yelled at him for a bit after he brought it back and he just left it and took off. Ungrateful bitch.

BKB

Thumper
01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, she was kinda bitching ... I think she said sumpin' like, "It ain't very big!" Kinda like the same complaint you hear from Julie. :D

Thumper
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I like his style though. He leaves the wife to baby sit the kids while he goes fishing. Then he brings the catch home for the ol' lady to clean and prepare, then goes out fishing again. I guess the life of a guy eagle ain't all that bad! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
True enough. Except for the bitchin part.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Man. old Pops is a fishing fool. I wish I could tell what kind of fish those are. they kind of look like speckled trout but I think they may be mullet. Hard to tell though. They don't really have a mullet shape.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Niner, I don't if you've looked lately but those eagles are growing like weeds. Their heads are as big as their parents' heads. Man how'd you like to have to feed those two Jethro's.

BKB

Buckrub
02-11-2013, 10:18 PM
And you should know what a Mullet shape is, Barryetta.