PDA

View Full Version : Dads

Arty
05-16-2017, 09:39 PM
I'll just copy and paste this from Facebook for those that aren't on there.
It's been a long 2-3 days. I don't even know what day it is.

This is from Saturday:

This morning around 10:45 I talked to my mom, just to check in, as I've been doing 3 times a day for the last 3 weeks. She said dad was "about the same", he had slept all night without waking, and then we talked about replacement windows. Out of boredom and being unsettled she had dug out her paperwork from when she and dad had theirs replaced 9 years ago. She asked about the boys, and asked what we were going to do today. I told her I'd check in early afternoon.

At 1:03pm I was changing clothes to head out to run an errand with Jessica. The phone rang and it was "Ray Tower" on the caller ID. I had just talked to mom less than 3 hours earlier, something told me, "this isn't good". I answer....it was mom.

"Jamie, He's gone".

It's been almost 6 hours since that call that I have been preparing for the last 3 weeks. I wasn't ready for it. And I don't think it's sunk in quite yet.

Jessica has been great, letting everyone know, while I pretend what has happened, hasn't happened. My phone has been blown up with condolences.

There are two things keeping me together right now. 1) I WILL see my dad again. 2) He IS in a better place!
Everyone always says this, and I wonder if they really believe, or know for sure. Let me tell you, I DO!
It's not cliche, it's not fantasy, it's not made up, weak, false, or equal to any other belief. It's not a sentiment said to make people feel better in their moment of sorrow. It's TRUTH. Here's how I know:

"But we do not want you to be uninformed about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus."

The above is a promise, but it's not a promise for everyone. It's a promise made to those to believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. Luckily for dad, and lucky for me, we both do.

See ya soon Dad, find a good spot for us to fish. I love you.

And here is a page I never thought I'd see.

http://www.hagerfuneralhome.com/notices/RevDrRay-TowerJr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
05-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Jamie, I'm sorry. remember the good times, forget the bad
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Captain
05-16-2017, 10:17 PM
Sorry my friend. I cannot imagine what you are going through as fast as it all happened.
I'll be praying for you all

Thumper
05-17-2017, 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry Jamie. The bond and memories will be there forever. As already said, remember the good times.

jb
05-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear this, enjoy the years and memories you shared with your dad, they last a life time.

Chicken Dinner
05-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Your Dad is good hands and leaves a beautiful legacy behind. Peace.

Bwana
05-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Prayers to you and your family Arty.

Hombre
05-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Sorry for your loss Arty, prayers for you and the family