PDA

View Full Version : Southern Women.....

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 12:25 AM
There's just something about Southern women that makes them beautiful, both inside and out....and, they're smart and talented, too.

May I present to you, Betty Allen Aden(red circled star), the First Runner Up in last night's MS Senior USA pageant in Las Vegas.....she is one of our hometown girls, and I'm proud to say that I grew up with her, even though she's a tad older than me. ;)

Anyone wanna guess how old she is???

Thumper
05-23-2017, 02:27 AM
Well, if she's a tad older than you ... she's obviously older than dirt! ;)

quercus alba
05-23-2017, 07:25 AM
Tad older huh? have to be about 78 which still leaves her a few years behind Thump.

But to be polite I'll say 63

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Well, if she's a tad older than you ... she's obviously older than dirt! ;)

Ha, go get your stool.....the one with the XXXL seat, and 400 lb. weight limit. ;)

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Betty will be 76 yrs. old, this coming November....her older sister, Nan, is approaching 80 yrs. old, and to be honest, is even prettier and younger-looking than Betty.....two of the sweetest and prettiest girls to ever grace the MS Delta.
Here's a better picture:

Captain
05-23-2017, 08:25 AM
That's cool.

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 08:37 AM
I think I've told this story before, but their Dad was a strict no-nonsense businessman who was used to having things done for him by his employees.....soon after he retired, Mrs. Allen died.....he lived alone, and didn't get out too much.

I had a bumper sweet corn crop that year, so I took him a big sack of fresh roasting ears.....when he came to the front door, I told him I had brought some fresh sweet corn for him.....I placed the heavy sack on the floor, and his face lit up.

However, as he peered into the sack, his face turned into a scowl.....then, he said, "You mean you didn't shuck it for me???".....at first, I thought he was just joking, then he shoved the sack back to me with his foot, and said, "Thanks, anyway, but I'll pass."

I picked up the sack, and he watched me walk across his front yard, and I gave it to the family across the street, who was thrilled.

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2017, 09:09 AM
My first wife's father was an old sourpuss like that. He was also a skinflint. I knew someone in the used car business once who took pity on me and sold me two new tires for $20. He would take new spares off and remount recaps for spares and then sell the new tires for what je could get for them. Recaps actually ran about $10 bucks then. When I showed them to my prospective father in law, all he said was For twenty dollars they should have mounted them for ya!.

BKB