PDA

View Full Version : Best steak you ever ate???.....

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 10:20 AM
We had heard so many great things about the Taylor Grocery Store and Steakhouse in Dumas, Ark. that we made the 40 mile trip up there, last weekend, while we were at the lake house.....it's nothing more than an old grocery store building located out in the boondocks, west of Dumas.

I can't even describe the awesomeness of their steaks....you can choose their dry-aged or wet-aged beef.....and, the bread pudding with rum sauce is outta this world.

I have moved them to the top of my "best steak ever" list.....my friend's Town Market Restaurant in Inverness, MS has been my #1 for a long time, but now he's dropped to #2.....sorry, Bryan.

So, if you're ever in the Dumas area, give Taylor's a try.....you won't be disappointed.

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
I think the best steak ever for me was in Dallas at a place called Three Forks.
BKB

Thumper
05-23-2017, 10:36 AM
No clue .... I can't afford steak. :-(

LJ3
05-23-2017, 01:14 PM
D.C. Prime for me. And it's a 10 minute drive! Holy shit their beef is good. It's really expensive, though. I don't mind paying good money for a great meal but this place is really pushing the envelope with their prices. But they make a custom martini EXACTLY the same way I make them for myself, only better. That seals the deal. Once or twice a year, I hit that place.

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Yep, Leonard, the really Prime-Plus steaks are expensive, and we don't pop for them often....actually, I thought Taylors was fairly reasonable for what we got.....$98 for the two of us, and we left the place smiling, stuffed, and carrying leftovers. ;)

quercus alba
05-23-2017, 01:47 PM
$98??? That's my total yearly food budget. If it wasn't for the charity of strangers and the dumpster outside Pizza Hut I'd starve to death

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Well, I DID say we only splurge occassionally, i.e. her birthday or mine. ;)

Just look on the bright side, QA, you can now walk across the road to Millwood, and catch your next meal at no charge. ;)

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 05:17 PM
No clue .... I can't afford steak. :-(

Ha, you dang sure have been eating something.....and, a LOT of it. ;)

Thumper
05-24-2017, 12:16 AM
Ha, you dang sure have been eating something.....and, a LOT of it. ;)

Ha! And you can bite me! ;)

Actually, our favorite steakhouse for special occasions is Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa. It's pricey, so that's why we reserve it for special occasions. Heck, the nicest steak they have will set you back over $250.00!! But, it's always understood, we'll order whatever we want when there. They also have the largest wine cellar in the world with rare bottles of wine up to $30,000 each! But ... I already posted about it a few months ago.

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?10287-Screw-all-this-football-talk-how-bout-a-little-quot-foodie-quot-post&highlight=bern%27s

Big Muddy
05-24-2017, 01:58 AM
Since you mentioned wine....we both had two glasses with our meal....for a country store/steakhouse out in the boondocks, they had a pretty fair selection of wines.

LJ3
05-24-2017, 10:08 AM
That's a damn good price Muddy! You're not getting out the of the place I was talking about for less than $250. Their best cuts go for $55-$100. The tomahawk ribeye will feed you for a couple days, though.

Big Muddy
05-24-2017, 10:18 AM
Yep, we took our left-over steak with us, and made two more meals outta them at home. ;)