PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Montanan

Big Skyz
05-23-2017, 03:21 PM
While I find this entertaining, I'm not the least bit surprised. In fact I'm just about betting this video was recorded in Great Falls which is less than a half hour from where I'm sitting right now. I about half expect he got sprayed by a skunk or something and I wouldn't let him in the cab of my truck either.

https://youtu.be/PWV2JnKDf5k

Big Muddy
05-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Ha, Sky, I did that exact same thing to a young coon hound I owned, years ago.....he got skunked, so I put him thru the car wash....then, when I got him home, my wife sprayed him down with Lysol.....all of it worked pretty good, too.....just glad peta didn't see Buddy tied-down in the truck bed 'cause he didn't like that sheeit, at all. ;)

Big Skyz
05-24-2017, 08:52 AM
Big Muddy, I'll bet he didn't like it. Pretty funny though.

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2017, 09:02 AM
I had a springer that got a face full from a skunk once. We used the tomato juice bath and it worked okay. But like Patrick McManus said, every time she got wet the skunk smell came back for about two months.

BKB

Big Muddy
05-24-2017, 10:15 AM
I told this before....back in the '60s, the MS Delta was void of any skunks....I had never even seen a skunk in the wild until 1967....I ran over one in my old '64 Ford Galaxie, just outside the city limits of Starkville....it was my first day of college at MS State....that stench lingered in my car so bad, I couldn't even get a girl to ride with me....now, the day'um stinkers are everywhere, here in the Delta. ;)

Thumper
05-24-2017, 10:47 AM
I couldn't even get a girl to ride with me....now, the day'um stinkers are everywhere, here in the Delta. ;)

So, you like stinkin' wimmins?? :crazy

Big Muddy
05-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Ha, I KNEW that one was coming....and, yeah, back then I was a 100% country bumpkin, going off to the big city college.....I woulda settled for stinky, fat, ugly wimmin in a nanosecond. ;)

Big Skyz
05-24-2017, 11:55 AM
".....I woulda settled for stinky, fat, ugly wimmin in a nanosecond."

I've never been that country or bumpkin!!!

Big Muddy
05-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Ha, well, not too many folks know about my childhood.....heck, I was a teenager before I found out fried eggplant wasn't meat....my momma could carve up and deep-fry an eggplant to make it look just like a porkchop....dang good, too ;)

Hombre
05-24-2017, 01:38 PM
When I was fresh out of technician school I got a job working for a small operation in Jackson, Mississippi. This was back in the mid 90s and was kind of a unique operation. We went into apartment complexes and put in a Hitachi PBX and got DID/DOD lines from Bell, and then a T-1 from LDDS for long distance. When I first showed up I was given corporate housing with two roommates. The first roommate was the owner's son and basically never did shit and was nowhere to be found. The second was a Vietnam vet, tunnel rat, who was completely bat shit crazy. When I showed up to the corporate apartment there was a living room and then a room on both sides. Bruce (VV) tells me that he and the other guy will stay in that room and that I should lock my door at night because he sleep walks and has night terrors. So it didn't start out great. I get up in the morning, and unlock the door, come out into the kitchen/living room and Bruce, holding a coffee pot, asks "you want coffee" which would have been cool had he been wearing a shred of clothing.

Bruce might have been crazy but man he knew telecom and in about 3 months he'd taught me more than anything I learned in school. After that Bruce took off to another job somewhere. This left only me and the other guy, which is where this story has some relevance. One day I get a call that all the phone lines are out to around 80 units. I get in the van and head out. The apartment was under construction and a backhoe had hit our copper, and lucky me, a water line main. We didn't have a 710 splice kit so I was told by corporate to go get scotch locks from Greybar. I get back to the job site around 9PM and in mud up to my stomach individually splice each copper line. I had also forgotten to pull the protectors so every once in a while I'd get a shock, but I was just too tired and it was too much effort to crawl out of that hell hole of mud.

About 2AM I got finished up and crawled out muddy and tired. You may ask where was the other guy. Well he'd decided to take a trip and because of his ex he had the locks changed. So now I'm muddy its around 3AM and I'm tired. I went to the nearest car wash and washed off in a bay, slept in the van, and worked the next morning getting a key later that day. So, I've actually bathed in a car wash.

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2017, 02:20 PM
When I was fresh out of technician school I got a job working for a small operation in Jackson, Mississippi. This was back in the mid 90s and was kind of a unique operation. We went into apartment complexes and put in a Hitachi PBX and got DID/DOD lines from Bell, and then a T-1 from LDDS for long distance. When I first showed up I was given corporate housing with two roommates. The first roommate was the owner's son and basically never did shit and was nowhere to be found. The second was a Vietnam vet, tunnel rat, who was completely bat shit crazy. When I showed up to the corporate apartment there was a living room and then a room on both sides. Bruce (VV) tells me that he and the other guy will stay in that room and that I should lock my door at night because he sleep walks and has night terrors. So it didn't start out great. I get up in the morning, and unlock the door, come out into the kitchen/living room and Bruce, holding a coffee pot, asks "you want coffee" which would have been cool had he been wearing a shred of clothing.

Bruce might have been crazy but man he knew telecom and in about 3 months he'd taught me more than anything I learned in school. After that Bruce took off to another job somewhere. This left only me and the other guy, which is where this story has some relevance. One day I get a call that all the phone lines are out to around 80 units. I get in the van and head out. The apartment was under construction and a backhoe had hit our copper, and lucky me, a water line main. We didn't have a 710 splice kit so I was told by corporate to go get scotch locks from Greybar. I get back to the job site around 9PM and in mud up to my stomach individually splice each copper line. I had also forgotten to pull the protectors so every once in a while I'd get a shock, but I was just too tired and it was too much effort to crawl out of that hell hole of mud.

About 2AM I got finished up and crawled out muddy and tired. You may ask where was the other guy. Well he'd decided to take a trip and because of his ex he had the locks changed. So now I'm muddy its around 3AM and I'm tired. I went to the nearest car wash and washed off in a bay, slept in the van, and worked the next morning getting a key later that day. So, I've actually bathed in a car wash.

A country boy can survive!

BkB

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Ha, well, not too many folks know about my childhood.....heck, I was a teenager before I found out fried eggplant wasn't meat....my momma could carve up and deep-fry an eggplant to make it look just like a porkchop....dang good, too ;)

I had my first real thick charcoaled steak at my Uncle Bill's house when I was 17. I can still remember that steak. I grew up eating beef, but the old shoe leather cows we gnawed on wouldn't be allowed to be called steak. My Mom and aunts all flash fried thin slices of beef like you do venison. With enough gravy its pretty good.

BKb

Thumper
05-24-2017, 02:25 PM
FYI - ALL tunnel-rats are bat-shit crazy! ;)

DeputyDog
05-24-2017, 02:28 PM
couldn't even get a girl to ride with me. ;)

So after all these years you still blame the skunk? Do what you need to do to help your ego I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
05-24-2017, 03:00 PM
FYI - ALL tunnel-rats are bat-shit crazy! ;)

That's my first and only experience. I'll say again bat shit crazy but damn he knew his stuff and he taught me a lot (in telecom) so the experience wasn't all bad. I'll take bat shit crazy hard worker over daddy owns the company I don't do shit any day.