PDA

View Full Version : Nobody to the BB Hall of Fame

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
That's just weird.

And hell, Jack Morris should have been in there years ago. If for nothing else his game 7 against the friggin Braves in the WS. 10 innings he pitched and shut them out. Today's pussies would have been pulled when they hit 100 pitches.

BKB

Buckrub
01-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Appropriate.

May it ever be highly exclusive.

DeputyDog
01-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Morris should be in. Bonds and Clemens should be too. Both of them were hall worthy before they started using roids. And while I'm at it, so should Rose.

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
I think at some point they're going to have to do something to acknowledge the steroid era and pit these guys in. As for this year, I'm surprised Biggio didn't make it. He's got over 3,000 hits, 400 steals, #5 all time in doubles. Anybody know what happens on induction weekend? Do they still have a game?

BarryBobPosthole
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
If they're not going to recognize players from the steroid era, then they shouldn't recognize World Series champions from that era either. The owners were as culpable as the players in fostering the roid era by their inaction in making the rules specific regarding its use, sitting on their hands regarding testing, and looking the other way when it was obvious their own players were using. and the writers who vote? FUCK the writers who vote on the Hall. Of all people they are some of the biggest culprits of all. Where were the stories of roid use back in those days? Where was the information? They write abotu everything else. Why werre they in denial about this?

There's plenty of blame to go around regarding the steroid era in baseball. It isn't fair that this few handful of players should be held accountable while the rest of baseball gets a free pass. Ridiculous.

BKB

LW
01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
The Goose has spoken. I just heard an interview on MLB with Goose Gossage and he simply and plainly stated that if they ever induct one of the steroid boys to the hall then he will never return to Cooperstown. I have mixed feelings on it but less so since hearing this. This guy counts in my book.