PDA

View Full Version : Something new from something old.

jb
05-31-2017, 01:38 PM
When I bought my new vehicle, salesman went over it from bumper to bumper.
Showed me things it has that I'll never use and technology that is beyond this old fart.
But one thing he did show me was the telescoping steering wheel.
For a long legged person this is a great feature and has made this vehicle very comfortable to drive, I more than likely had it on my 2012 Expedition but never knew it.
Fast forward to last week.
I took my BMW in to a Detail Shop, it's 13 years old and I just wanted it really cleaned up both inside and out. They did a fantastic job but when I got in it, the seats and steering wheel were left from the 5' kid that drove it out.
So as I readjusted everything I wondered if it had a telescoping steering wheel, damn if it didn't. Been driving this thing for 13 years and did not know it. What a great difference a few inches make (let's not go there !!)
Just wonder what else this car has that I"ve over looked.

Thumper
05-31-2017, 02:11 PM
Ha! Heck, I've even had a tilt/telescope steering wheel on all of my little 'Yota trucks for I don't know how many years. Is that even an option these days? Heck, I thought it was pretty much standard.

Dude ... you could forget about the 21st century and just catch up with the 20th century to get ahead of where you are now! :D