PDA

View Full Version : American Epic

BarryBobPosthole
06-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Okay, I know I can be 'somewhat' nerdy about history shit. But BITE ME. Its for your own good damnit.

There's a program on PBS right now, you know the communist channel, called American Epic. Its produced by T Bone Burnett and Robert Redford.

In the 20's There were a bunch of talent scouts went out in search of different kinds of Anerican music and atists. The set up little recording studios in different places and recorded thousands of artists directly to phonograph records. The Carter family for example made there first recordings in that project. Eddie, there's a bunch of Mississippi and Louisianna stuff in the first three episodes so far. The bottom line is, nobody had ever recorded American music before. These archives are the first attempt to document early American music.

I'll admit it ain't for everybody, but I think its cool what they found in the archives of these recordings. Check it out!

BKb

LJ3
06-02-2017, 09:07 AM
That sounds cool. I might be able to endure the constant badgering for my personal money to fund their communist propaganda machine if it includes good music and story.

Captain
06-02-2017, 09:09 AM
They get enough money from the govement' and the rich liberal people's endowment funds.