PDA

View Full Version : Dent fixers

johnboy
06-05-2017, 02:22 PM
The wife got a couple of nasty door dings in the Mustang a while back that have been driving me crazy every time I look at them. Some colossal arsehole actually hit the car twice - once getting out and again getting back in to their car putting two dents one above the other in the driver side rear quarter panel. Anyway, called the DentAway guy to have a look and he says he can get most of it out but because one was on a crease it might not look 'perfect'.

He worked on the car for about an hour and when he was done I could not tell it had been dented. Beautiful job and worth every cent of the $200 he charged.

If you have door dings that offend your sense of perfection, might be worth a try. Was for me.

Thumper
06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
I'm probably the worst of the worst when it comes to that crap. When I get a door ding, I feel like I want to trade the vehicle. The thing I hate more than door dings is having ANY re-painting done due to body damage of any sort. I'm, extremely anal that way. We always park as far away from the entrance as possible at any store, etc. in an effort to avoid having anyone park beside us (Lynn knows how pissed off I get when some mindless bozo hits either of our vehicles with their door). Lynn has to park in her hotel parking lot at work and got a large ding in her last two cars within a couple months of us purchasing them. The car she's driving now got dinged 3-weeks after we bought it. With her cars, I just grit my teeth and live with it. On MY vehicle, I go postal and I'm probably lucky I've never actually witnessed some low-life mf'er whacking their door into my vehicle or I'd probably be in jail.

That said, the truck I had before the one I'm driving now was rear-ended while I was at a traffic light. The a-hole was texting and didn't realize traffic had stopped for the light! It totaled the junker he was driving (actually his girlfriend's car), but just screwed up the rear bumper on my truck. (I think my trailer hitch receiver pretty much saved mine, but destroyed his front end!) Other than the bumper (which was replaced) there was no other damage but a small dent in the tailgate. I told the body shop if they couldn't repair it without paintwork, just to leave it alone and I'd put a frigging decal or something over it! They performed the "paintless dent-removal" trick and for the life of me, afterwards, I could not tell where the dent had been! It's a great process when it works.

Captain
06-05-2017, 04:08 PM
If I ever get around to washing the mud off my truck I'll see if there are any dents...

johnboy
06-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Well, maybe if Posthole paid up his debts you could afford a car wash (or truck wash, as the case may be). :fishing

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2017, 01:45 PM
And yet.....y'all continue to encourage him.

BKB