PDA

View Full Version : No Fishing!

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 07:45 AM
No fishing for me for two whole weeks. We're out of here early Saturday for two weeks of diving, drinking, kanoodling, and bikini judging in Belize.

After all, a high stress guy like me needs to decompress once in a while!

BKB

Captain
06-08-2017, 08:20 AM
I hear Trump is taking vacation down there that same week. Maybe y'all can meet up.

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm sure his accomodations will be a little different than ours!

BKb

HideHunter
06-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Have a great time.. Heading for Canada tomorrow.. New lake.. always an experience

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Which part, what lake? Man I'm jonesing for some Canada fishing.

BKb

Thumper
06-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Dangit! I love Belize. At one point, it was on my short list of "places I may retire to". Then prices started escalating and it slipped off my list. It's still a great place to visit. Where do you normally stay? Close to the City? Have you been out to the hole?

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 09:05 AM
First time we went we stayed at Ambergris Caye and hung out some in Belize City. We liked the city and we had a good time but we only stayed a week and its probably not one I'd repeat. This time we're at a townhouse at Stanns Creek in Placencia.
Blue Hole is on the list. Also, if we're not too late afyer the full moon we'll try diving with whale sharks at Gladden Spit.

Blue Hole has been on my bucket list for a long time.
BKB

LJ3
06-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Man o man. Diving with whale sharks has gotta be extremely cool! I bet I'd burn a tank in 5 minutes I'd be so excited.

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 09:10 AM
I know I will!
BKb

Thumper
06-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I guess I'll be living vicariously for a couple of weeks. Dang, it must be nice to be retired. No wait! Oh, make that retired and rich. :D

Seriously, it sounds like a great time. Ya' lucky bastid! Ya' gonna pay Cappy his dollar before ya' go?;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
I will spend the dollar he owes me just knowing he'll pay me back when I get home.
BKB

Arty
06-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I know I will!
BKb

He said burn a TANK... not a bowl.

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Oh, dang! Wonder what the weed laws are there.

BKB

Arty
06-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm betting someone here knows.... wonder who?... hmm. Lemme think...

Thumper
06-08-2017, 02:52 PM
It's illegal, but the cops turn their heads and ignore small quantities. You can buy it anywhere, just ask. If they don't have it, they'll direct you to someone who does.

(Or so I've been told) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 02:58 PM
In St Lucia last year, there was a chain link fence up a steep hill on one side of the resort A trail ran up beside the fence and at the beginning of the trail was a hand painted sign that read 'Island Gift Shop'. The adult pool we liked to hang out at was right beside the 'Gift Shop' and the smell from it wafted over the pool all day long. I didn't go up there, but it weren't no gift shop.

And having long hair, of course I get approached by every weed seller on every island.

BKB

Thumper
06-08-2017, 03:11 PM
A while back, there was a rumor the gov't. in Belize was going to legalize pot, but I haven't followed the news to see if it's ever happened or if it's in the works. From what I've seen, I don't know what the difference would be, legal or not, it doesn't seem to matter.

(Or so I've been told) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2017, 03:23 PM
It really doesn't matter much of anywhere in the Caribbean. I was on a dive boat where someone lit up a cigarette and a lady jumped all over them and then complained to the Captain. The Captain told her that unlike in the states, in the BVI (where we were then) they minded their own business. I don't smoke, but I loved that answer. And that policy!
BkB

Chicken Dinner
06-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Man, I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk