PDA

View Full Version : Say a Prayer

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Or whatever it is you do to send good thoughts to those people shot in DC this morning.
Bad stuff that could have gone much worse but for the bravery of a very few. Sounds like two of them were shot too.
BKB

Thumper
06-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Yep, been watching the news all morning. Typical news coverage, as I'm scanning through the channels, I've heard the shooter was using a shotgun. Another report said a rifle, and yet another said it was an "assault" weapon.

Luckily, it appears the gunman was a lousy shot. I hope all involved will be ok.

airbud7
06-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Prayers sent...

I heard they have played this ball game for over 100 years?...if true that's cool stuff.

Big Muddy
06-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Right before the senator was shot, some of his constituents said some guy walked up, and asked him and some others, "Are those folks out there on the field Democrats or Republicans???"......I believe that woulda thrown up a red flag to me, and woulda reported that to one of the many security folks out there.....jmho.

Thumper
06-14-2017, 10:17 AM
I heard that, but don't think I'd have thought that much about it. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I see there's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. The Reps and Dems were practicing on separate fields. Somebody could have simply wanted to watch one or the other during practice, or were simply curious. I wouldn't have thought twice about it if I'd been asked. JMHO

LJ3
06-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Right before the senator was shot, some of his constituents said some guy walked up, and asked him and some others, "Are those folks out there on the field Democrats or Republicans???"......I believe that woulda thrown up a red flag to me, and woulda reported that to one of the many security folks out there.....jmho.

I can see myself asking that question just so my heckling would be more accurate.

Thumper
06-14-2017, 10:22 AM
BTW, so far, I've heard the shooter was shooting an AR-15, and another said an AK.

I'm also being reminded of my belief that reporters must be required to graduate from "The University of Stupid Questions" before being qualified for a reporter job.

Big Muddy
06-14-2017, 10:29 AM
I guess I woulda been more cautious about my surroundings these days.....especially, at a public event like that with a ton of congressmen in attendance.....they are telling all of us, now, "If you see something, say something."

LJ3
06-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Pretty cool about the baseball game. Lived here all my life and never knew about it. Since 1909.

https://www.congressionalbaseball.org/

Big Muddy
06-14-2017, 12:24 PM
The azzhole shooter is dead.

Arty
06-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Terrible and painful stuff. No reason for it.

LJ3
06-15-2017, 09:38 AM
I saw a video of the incident. Can't really see anything but you can hear the shots. That was a LOT of lead flying around that very populated area.

LJ3
06-15-2017, 09:40 AM
... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/enZ1mxlVIJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>