PDA

View Full Version : I'm drowning !!!.....

Big Muddy
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
This sheeit started about 3 am, this morning, and hasn't eased up, at all....3 inches, so far, and under a flash flood watch 'til about noon....think I'll string out some trot lines out by the mail box. ;)

Just remembered that I forgot to close the lid on my son's duck blind....oh well, it's full of water, now....shouldn't take more than half a day to dip it out with a 5 gal. bucket....ugggghhhh!!! ;)

Thumper
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Beautiful, clear blue skies here and 'sposed to be 81 degrees today. Beach weather! ;)

johnboy
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Beautiful sunny morning here right now with a little frost. If it stays like this, I might just get the Stang out for a run this afternoon.

Big Skyz
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Not sure I'm any better off here today. We have 23 mph winds, -1 wind chill, and an absolute raging blizzard going on outside. It's supposed to pretty much be like this until mid afternoon tomorrow. I expect by Saturday I will be really tired of shoveling snow, as well as, splitting and hauling wood to the wood burning stove in the basement. I still wouldn't trade for living anywhere else though. Come Friday afternoon and Saturday morning I will do my best to put a hurt on some coyotes. Sometimes it can be real good after a storm like this. I just hope the snow isn't too deep to get around in.

Big Muddy
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
CRAP!!!!!....rain gauge, now, says 4.5 inches....and, it's still pouring!!!

Isn't that equivalent to about 10 inches of snow???....what's the snow/rain formula???

Didn't we have a big discussion about that a couple of years, ago???

BarryBobPosthole
01-10-2013, 01:34 PM
You better put Sandy in an inner tube then.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
You better put Sandy in an inner tube then.

BKB

Hahaha....I checked on her about an hour ago, and she hasn't moved one bit....still curled up in her bed at the end of my office desk....she's like a lot of us on rainy days....just good sleeping weather.

jb
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
The ratio of snow to water can vary a great deal depending on the vertical profiles of temperature and moisture, and how they change during a storm. Typically 1 inch of rain is equal to 1 foot of snow, a 12-1 ratio. Depending on the temperature and moisture profiles of the snow growth region of the atmosphere and the origin area of the storm system, that ratio can go higher, say 20-1, which would be 20 inches, or lower, say 6-1 or so.
12-1 is most forecasters starting point, and if you go to your local NWS page and read the area forecast discussion, they usually tell what ratio they believe a system will have as it moves through your area.

Up here we usually figure 1/10 or 1/12. You'd be buried now under about 4' :)
We need snow up here, we're only about at 12" where our average is closer to 90"

Big Muddy
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
the ratio of snow to water can vary a great deal depending on the vertical profiles of temperature and moisture, and how they change during a storm. Typically 1 inch of rain is equal to 1 foot of snow, a 12-1 ratio. Depending on the temperature and moisture profiles of the snow growth region of the atmosphere and the origin area of the storm system, that ratio can go higher, say 20-1, which would be 20 inches, or lower, say 6-1 or so.
12-1 is most forecasters starting point, and if you go to your local nws page and read the area forecast discussion, they usually tell what ratio they believe a system will have as it moves through your area.

Up here we usually figure 1/10 or 1/12. You'd be buried now under about 4' :)
we need snow up here, we're only about at 12" where our average is closer to 90"

day'um !!!!!