PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever tried white bbq sauce???...

Big Muddy
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
One of wifey's friends gave her a recipe for white bbq sauce.....doesn't sound to appealing to me, but I might try putting a small amount together.

Anyone tried it???

Thumper
06-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeppers, I think it's an Alabama thing ... at least that's the only place I ran across it. It wasn't terrible, it just didn't really "look" right. Like regular sauce, you can spice it up whichever way you want to. I think the main difference is, it's made with mayonnaise instead of tomato sauce (at least that's what Lynn told me before I tried it). I just couldn't get used to the idea of putting white stuff on my BBQ sammich.

Big Muddy
06-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Agreed, I just don't think it would look right, sitting on a pile of pulled pork. ;)

Captain
06-21-2017, 03:15 PM
I like mustard BBQ Sauce. It's hard to find but great. Mostly SC as far as I know.
https://www.piggiepark.com/product/custom-bbq-grill-set/

Big Muddy
06-21-2017, 03:51 PM
I like mustard BBQ Sauce. It's hard to find but great. Mostly SC as far as I know.

Where ya get it, Cap???

Captain
06-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Google Maurice BBQ in Columbia, SC.
My buddy that owned Jo-Jo's BBQ makes a GREAT mustard BBQ sauce
I need to ship some to Posty but I need to find out if it will ship OK without being cool?

Captain
06-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Muddy, go to this link and see if he will ship you some..
https://www.google.com/search?q=jojo's+bbq+lancaster+south+carolina&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=lie

BarryBobPosthole
06-21-2017, 04:20 PM
That mustard shit might be okay on a hot dog. But out here we consider barbeque a little higher up on the list than baloney sausages.

BKB

Captain
06-21-2017, 04:57 PM
That mustard shit might be okay on a hot dog. But out here we consider barbeque a little higher up on the list than baloney sausages.

BKB
You are clueless. And choose to stay that way.
I just noticed Sweet Baby Rays is making a mustard BBQ sauce now.
Have not tried it but it can't be as good as our local stuff.

quercus alba
06-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Sweet baby rays isn't too bad not great but no bad

Big Muddy
06-21-2017, 05:31 PM
I found a pretty good sounding recipe on the Foodie net.....might try this one......it's gotta be good with honey and brown sugar in there

SOUTH CAROLINA MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE

INGREDIENTS
1 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix all ingredients well.
For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
To serve, warm in a pot over very low heat and use on grilled meats like pulled pork or chicken.

Captain
06-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Sweet baby rays isn't too bad not great but no bad
The mustard one or the red one?

Captain
06-21-2017, 05:39 PM
I found a pretty good sounding recipe on the Foodie net.....might try this one......it's gotta be good with honey and brown sugar in there

SOUTH CAROLINA MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE

INGREDIENTS
1 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix all ingredients well.
For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
To serve, warm in a pot over very low heat and use on grilled meats like pulled pork or chicken.

That sounds like it Muddy, I know he uses Honey and brown sugar the mustard he uses for the base is Cattlemans Gold.

airbud7
06-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Shealys Bar-B-Que House in Batesburg-Leesville, SC is Great also

http://www.shealysbbq.com/sauce.php

Thumper
06-21-2017, 05:53 PM
Yep, mustard BBQ sauce is definitely a Carolina thing. I do like mustard, like Posty, on hot dogs, etc, but personally, I'm not a fan of the BBQ sauce. Same with mustard slaw, keep mustard out'ta my dang coleslaw! :angry1

BarryBobPosthole
06-21-2017, 06:13 PM
Sardines in mustard sauce is good.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
06-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Now if you want to tenderize a brisket, paint some mustard on it about two hours before it goes in the smoke.

BKB

quercus alba
06-21-2017, 06:44 PM
The mustard one or the red one?

The mustard. you don't really taste the mustard much, at least I didn't

Captain
06-21-2017, 06:54 PM
BKB

Sardines in mustard sauce is good.
BKB

You are starting to sound EXACTLY like Bucky...
And Thumper ain't far behind.

Big Muddy
06-21-2017, 07:52 PM
If ya haven't tried it, rub mustard on your fish fillets, roll 'em in your corn meal, then deep fry 'em.....not only tastes great, but the corn meal sticks better to the fillets, too.

Thumper
06-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Now if you want to tenderize a brisket, paint some mustard on it about two hours before it goes in the smoke. BKB

Yep, I agree with ya' there also. Same with a ham. I prefer something like a brown sugar based glaze, even with pineapple rings with a cherry in the center if ya' wants ta' get all fancy and shit ... but Lynn will occasionally baste one with mustard and it turns out great.

That said, I don't hate the mustard based BBQ sauce, I just prefer a traditional tomato based sauce. I have to draw the line at mustard slaw though ... that crap sucks. In fact, it reminds me of a Thump story, but I'll spare youse dufes the agony. ;)