PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thump: Pickers

HideHunter
06-28-2017, 11:17 AM
The "Pickers" were in my area a couple times in the last month.. Guess they bought some stuff in Wapello a few weeks ago. Never heard if it was filmed.

Last time for this: http://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/huge-collector-car-antique-tractor-collection-2/

I knew Bob pretty well. He always let me hunt. Wife and I went over for the open house.. Lot's of neat iron.

Word is Jay Leno chased the Stutz to $90,000.. It went to Canada for $122.

My sister and bil went to watch a '69 'Vette sell. He's got some really nice cars - and has paid good money for some. Said the price went by their price so fast they never even bid. ;)

Doubt the Pickers bought anything. The whole "auction" thing probably isn't their bag.

Thumper
06-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Which pickers HH? You mean Mike and Frank? That would be kinda-sorta local for them since they live about 100 miles from there (in Le Claire). I've been to their Nashville store, but not the Iowa store. I've been to Davenport, but didn't know who they were at that time. I made quite a few runs across I-80 (our home office was in Omaha) and usually fueled up and shut down for breaks at the Iowa-80 if the timing was right.

That auction sure looks like fun!

HideHunter
06-28-2017, 02:15 PM
yup.. Them's the ones.. He had an incredible (and eclectic) array of "stuff".