PDA

View Full Version : Where I've been....

Penguin
07-02-2017, 03:24 PM
To keep from hijacking any threads I thought I'd just make a thread to reintroduce myself. Its been a long while since I was a regular.

Last time I was around a lot was when I was in Chicago, at Argonne. I loved it there and the friends I worked with. But when Chrysler finished up the project we were left high and dry. No funding. Has to move on.

I passed over a job with Harley to take one at a large atv and snowmobile company. I loved my work but they pulled the plug on the research end and laid me off.

I was embarrassed. Humiliated. Whatever. Especially after turning down the Harley job. Went into a hole tbh. Anyway I went to work at a different ATV and snowmobile company. Loved the people there but wasn't a fan of Minnesota.

To make an already long story less long I ended up landing my dream job. I'm getting ready to start as a professor back in WV. My wife loves it here and we're looking around to buy a small farm or build on some land.

They moved the college to a small city about 25 miles from my hometown so I will be living in the same place I grew up in. It's almost unreal how things worked out. Anyway that's why I disappeared. After the bad stuff I just didn't want to talk about it. I know many here can relate.

Life is really strange sometimes. :p

Will

DeputyDog
07-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Welcome back. Not much different here. Bucky quit coming around a year ago or maybe a bit longer.

Funny how life works out sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2017, 04:57 PM
One quick question. Is it a coed college?

Do they still call them coeds?

BKb

Captain
07-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Great to see you back Penguin! We been wondering about you...
Don't R-U-N-N-O-F-T no more!

HideHunter
07-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Be great to have you back.. my supply of "will" quotes is dwindling. ;)

LJ3
07-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Willie! What a great surprise to see you drop by! So cool that you ended up back at WV as a Professor. Pretty sure most of us can relate to your journey but what a beautiful circle it formed for you.

I'm still good looking and humble, Jimmy still talks about wimmin he's never had, and Posthole keeps us on our toes after his morning bong hit and coffee. He's retired now and rubs it in when he can :)

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Chilly Willy! Glad to hear you're in a good place. Don't be a stranger...

Bwana
07-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Welcome home sir.

Penguin
07-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Hehe. Thanks folks I am glad anyone actually remembers me!

Yes it's a coed college. And I'm sure I'll have both young men and women in my classes. Teaching thermodynamics and engine design. Exactly what I wanted where I wanted it.

Know the best thing? That after floating around for so long I can actually settle down for good. If my luck holds I will actually have a place to plant an orchard grow a garden hunt a deer or whatever. Heidi and I are just thrilled.

Will

airbud7
07-04-2017, 01:38 PM
That is so cool Will.....And an excellent Fourth of July post to boot!...Yee Haw!, everybody doing good!

Edit: I hope Thumpers AC unit don't break down today...:D

LJ3
07-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Of course we remember you, dufus!

In your absence I've had to step up to being the smartest person here and, quite frankly... it's not been a good look for us :)

quercus alba
07-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Of course we remember you, dufus!

In your absence I've had to step up to being the smartest person here and, quite frankly... it's not been a good look for us :)

Maybe the most accurate statement made since penguin left