PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know what I was talking about..

HideHunter
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
again. I made mention my step-niece would be competing against Miss Alabama (Brent Mushburger's girlfriend - Hey! He's old - he ain't dead). Anyway, my wife informs me she is Miss Alabama USA. Mariah Carey (our Miss Iowa) will be competing for Miss *America* Saturday night in Vegas. I've never watched a beauty pageant in my life but I imagine I'll lhave to sit through some of this one. She is actually my niece's step-daughter.. so the fact that we are both pretty is probably coincidence.

Bwana
01-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Best of luck to her HH.

As for the pretty part of your story...I'm guessing you are at least 1/2 right.

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Gene, I make those kinds of confessions all the time. And usually its just paraphrasing what my wife just told me.

BKB

HideHunter
01-11-2013, 09:37 PM
lol.. well possibly a good point from both. Half my family is in Vegas and the other half (including my wife) are at my daughter's for a "pageant party). So I'm stuck batching it. I had to hunt deer all day and then fix squirrel, biscuits and gravy for supper. Jeeezzzz...

Oh just got this text: "Mariah is one of the featured contestants they've followed for the past 6 months on 20/20. Starts at 7." Not sure what means but I gather from my wife, the last thing that happened this big in our family is when I won the Class B Horseshoe Tourney at Grandview on the 4th of July. .. in 1991

Buckrub
01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Wanna pitch for a buck a point???

HideHunter
01-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Come on up Bucky. I'll scoop the snow off the court and we'll give it a go in the morning. Supposed to be 8 above. Clay might be a little stiff. ;)

Mariah made the final five. Whole thing looked like a hell of a lot of work to me.

HideHunter
01-13-2013, 01:22 PM
lol.. Mariah had a brain fart. I guess her answer to "the question" was the 2nd most Tweeted or Twittered or some such shit last night. Question was (and I paraphrase) Two states have legalized marijuana. Is this a good direction for our country?

Her answer basically defended "medical marijuana" but she closed with, "I feel marijuana should be used only for recreational use in health care." Ouch... That's why I write and don't "speak publicly". I can go back, proof-read, scratch out "recreational" and put "medical". ;) Poor kid..

Buckrub
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Possibly a good example of the evilness of bad drugs....

:-):-):-):-)

HideHunter
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
lol.. well put.. That's what I'll tell her. "Proof marijuana is bad for you." ;) 'Course I'm still batching and haven't talked to the rest of the famdamily but I'd think they should be pleased with her finish.

TeeDub
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
You eat Squirrel?? Sheesh! Prolly eat those slimy, tackle bustin' slew sharks too do you? Recreational or medicinal.... methinks you've been over doing it Gene!

HideHunter
01-13-2013, 09:01 PM
lol... I was, after all, a child of the 60s (actually Blue Ribbon was all I could afford most of the time) ;) Good to hear from you Dubber. Hope it's going well for you. Fresh walleye (they are just perch with teeth you know) are almost as good as The Great Northern Pike but frozen and thawed The Great Northern Pike beats them everytime. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Once you get past the smell, you got it licked.

No wait, that's......nm

BKB