PDA

View Full Version : Property Update

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Sorry I don't have time to post some pictures, but I will when I get a chance.

Spent 11 days over at the property. Worked on putting new entry gate and fencing where the new property road will enter our property.
The new road will follow the top of a valley, out in the neighbors alfalfa field, to the gate entrance.

We bought 4 rolls of cloth that 6 inches of rock will be put onto it.
And the new road has sorta been bulldozed. Needs to do a little more on it.

DNR came in and limbed up the tree branches and thinned out the trees on the 5 acres around the 5th wheel.

Its so nice to look out in the forest and be able to see under the branches for a nice distance and we have more water view.

Saw a deer with her twin babies. They were so small. Had to be only a day old. Hope the coyotes don't get them.

We are getting ready to pull that culvert out, that we put in last year.
The one that got plugged and washed away around it.

Bought a metal 28 in round one. Shouldn't have no more problems, once that's installed and we are going to be raising the road 24 inches in that area.
Then cloth will go down and 6 inches of rock.

I can't wait for this huge project to get done.

So here's a little chuckle for you:

We had to pull one of the small concreted fence posts out, to put a new 10 ft 10 inch round pole in its place.
The whole new gate entrance is done with 10ft 10 inch round poles, 2x 6 treated cross beams and all 6 ft cedar fencing.

Hubby borrowed neighbors tractor and he chained the pole to the bucket and proceeded to lift the pole up.
After much effort it finally started up.

I was holding the pole, so once it cleared the hole it wouldn't slam into the front of the tractor.

Well the dam thing was so heavy it pulled me forward and yep, I stepped right into a 5 foot deep hole.

Hubby said one minute I was there and the next I was gone!

I fricken could not get my shoe loose, down in the hole, to pull my leg out. I had to pull my foot out of my shoe and reach in to grab my shoe.
I'm so lucky I did not break my leg!!

Glad that was not on camera!!

Ill post pics when I have time.

Captain
07-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Sounds like y'all are building a little piece of heaven! Congrats
Glad you didn't break your leg or foot in that deal!

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Start of the new entrance gate to the property
our fencing will eventually be a 7 wire tensile fencing.

entrance will have stain cedar fencing on both sides of the entrance. we aren't finished with it.
Down the road Id like a metal shop to cut out steal outlines of deer, bear, tree, turkey, coyote and panted black screwed onto the long fence.

Our alfalfa guy did not take care of our alfalfa, so he's not doing it anymore.

Neighbor to the south of us cut it all down and he's going to turn it under. Then spray to kill the weeds.

He's going to take over our field and eventually kill the alfalfa and seed it for grass.
He is doing the same to his fields south of us, where he plans to have cattle.
So our fields will be grass feed for his cattle.
You can see way in the distance an "H" for eventually his fencing where his part starts.
We are building the same fencing he is building.

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:13 PM
The new road will be built along the top ridge of the valley, to the highway.

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Road still has to be graded, put the cloth down and rocked 6 inches.
it was 99 degrees when I took this picture and was staining as he was putting the cedar boards up.

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Not finished putting cedar fencing up.
Still have to stain the backside of the long cedar fencing.

Once you enter the new gate, the new road will follow along our fence line and join up to the road that goes into the 5th wheel now.

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:23 PM
DNR came in and thinned out and limbed up the trees on the 5 acres around the 5th wheel

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:25 PM

Sunshine
07-03-2017, 10:29 PM
They left us some logs, for firewood and we also dropped a big ponderosa pine that was learning toward the 5th wheel.
Hubby found out ponderosa does not split easy. Needed a log splitter for ponderosa, but we didn't have one.
He eventually found if he used the chainsaw and made a criss-cross on the log about 6 inches into it, he could split it.
My job was to stack all of it. I think we ended up with about a cord.
9134Those were the last ones.

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2017, 10:42 PM
That's really coming together and your hard work is paying off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
07-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Beautiful piece of property. Looks like it's coming right along. Bet you can't wait until it's done and you can relax and really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
07-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Man, that's gonna be one helluva view. Lots of sweat equity makes it that much more enjpyable I'm sure!

I'm wondering about the privacy type fence out in the boondocks.

BKB

Arty
07-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Looking good!
Question though, is the top of a valley the same thing as a ridge?