PDA

View Full Version : First dent

jb
07-13-2017, 02:10 PM
New vehicle, always park it where there is little chance of door dings, just waiting for the first one.
Yesterday backed out of #3's drive way and right into DIL's car.
A couple of deep scratches in the plastic but a softball size dent in the tin.
$1,050. :pissed
No insurance claim, I"ll cover my dump ass mistake .
Maybe if it wasn't 3 months old with 3200 miles I'd just learn to live with.

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2017, 03:32 PM
What'd it do to the dil's car?

BKB

jb
07-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Her's is a black Ford Edge, hit it, or brushed it just right, a few scratches on the lower black plastic quarter panel, rubbed it out with some wax, hard to see black scratches on black paint.

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Those kind of deals make me cuss. Did Kay crack a smile?

BKB

Thumper
07-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Oh crap Bubba! If you're anything like me, stuff like that totally sucks. Way back in the day, when I drove junkers, the only marks on my car would be the one's that were there when I bought it. Once I started driving nothing but new cars, it became a curse. I'm not sure which is worse, doing it yourself, or someone else nailing you in a parking lot. Lynn and I always park our vehicles way out in an obscure part of a lot when we go someplace, but it never fails, when we come back out, somebody will be parked next to us with 30 other empty spaces around us!

My '07 Tacoma was my biggest boo-boo magnet. It was 3-weeks old when I was stopped at a red light and some dip-shit plowed into me. It wiped out the back bumper and put a dent in the tailgate, but his car was totaled (my trailer hitch pretty much took out his whole front end). It turned out, it was actually his girlfriend's car (which he'd borrowed) and he was dialing his cell phone when he hit me. (The dumbass actually admitted that to the cops!) I took it in for repair and the very same day I got it out of the body shop, I met Lynn for lunch. While sitting at a window seat in the restaurant, I saw some a-hole back out of the parking space across from me, smacked into my back bumper, then took off! By time I ran out there, he was long gone. That bumper got f'd up before the paint even had time to cure from the first repair! About a month later, I was driving down the street and heard a loud bang from my passenger door area. I turned at the next corner and pulled over to check it out. There was a dang dent and paint chip right in the center of the door. I noted as I drove by, there was a guy mowing his lawn and I'm assuming the mower chunked a rock at me right when I drove by. I started to go confront the guy, but figured there was no way to prove it, so I just sucked it up and continued on. All of that happened in the first two months I owned the truck! :banghead

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2017, 03:52 PM
My old Chevy, the Blue Goose, for some reason everybody in my family considered it community property. They borrowed it for moves, when their car broke down, when a firend was moving, you name it. It had been dented in every corner panel and repaired in ever corner panel when i traded it in. None of those were done by me, the owner. Bassdog put the very first dent in it when I only had it about four weeks. He got it stuck between three trees in the Ouachita National
fucking Forest.

So when I got my Retirement Truck, NOBODY drives it but me. Julie has driven it to work like three times when
i was doing something with her 4Runner.
Guess what? NO dents in three years. Nada, zip, zero, zilch.

BKB