PDA

View Full Version : Be beary careful

Bwana
07-18-2017, 04:41 PM
There were trails to walk outside the gate but given there were supposed to be 2 grizzly sows with cubs in the area and the serious nature of the gate, we decided to wait for a different locale. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170718/78d66befd94c6fddc76d92d8026ebf15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
07-18-2017, 04:45 PM
I suppose it doesn't matter much if a bear's chasing you but that feels a bit akward to be locked in doesn't it?

Bwana
07-24-2017, 10:30 AM
The enclosed area was quite large as it is a ski slope where they do gondola rides in the summer so you don't feel stuck inside. Ride to the top, maybe see a bear, view the hotel on Lake Louise with the mountains in the back, and look through the animal interpretive center. The other option is to pass through the safety gate and take your chances.

airbud7
07-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Can I take a Gun?...Taser? ....Something?

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!

Somebody said that once. Some English dude I think.

BKB

Bwana
07-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Have to admit I felt a bit sheepish about not stepping outside the gate but then again, if I had, I would have been taking my three kids as well as my niece and nephew along with. If something had happened, though not likely, I would have felt terrible KNOWING I had ignored the warning signs.

Oh well, got to see a grizzly a couple of days later from the safety of the car while driving down the highway. Not exactly what I had hoped for but not as bad as running into one while hiking in the middle of nowhere either.