PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR at Indy...nobody showed up!

airbud7
07-23-2017, 03:37 PM
empty seats everywhere!...I wonder why?

stupid fucktards!

DeputyDog
07-23-2017, 03:54 PM
That's a simple question. The racing sucks for the stock cars on that track. That Goodyear tire debacle a few years ago also did a lot to kill attendance. They have tried to blame the weather for the attendance saying it's too hot but the avg. temps haven't gone up more than a couple degrees since the first few races that had about 300K in the stands. Next year the race there will be in September as the last race before the chase in order to try to get better attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
07-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Yea. agree DD^.....in short....>they dropped the ball.

I don't think they can ever get it back.

Thumper
07-23-2017, 04:47 PM
One problem is, Indy is a terrible track for stock cars. A major bummer is, running a 3500lb. car through the relatively flat turns pretty much sucks. Add the fact that once the cars come by you, you can head to the concession stand for a hot dog and a Coke, then get back to your seat in time for the cars to pass by for the next lap. The tradition and history is the biggest draw to Indy, but stock car racing there is a bit boring ... which is made even worse with all the b/s restrictions NASCAR demands to try to keep all cars competitive. Plus, you can fit 400,000 people into Indy (counting the infield), so even an average 100,000 NASCAR fans will make the place look empty. Last I checked (it may have changed), NASCAR does not block out local tv coverage if the race is not sold out, so why not sit at home in your Lazyboy, next to the a/c, within 20 feet of the fridge, and enjoy the excellent free coverage instead of dealing with the costs and hassles of driving, parking, etc, THEN having to pay $100/pop for decent tickets so you can sit in the heat?

airbud7
07-23-2017, 04:58 PM
NASCAR does not block out local tv coverage if the race is not sold out, so why not sit at home in your Lazyboy, next to the a/c, within 20 feet of the fridge, and enjoy the excellent free coverage instead of dealing with the costs and hassles of driving, parking, etc, THEN having to pay $100/pop for decent tickets so you can sit in the heat?

True^.....Well Said Thump!...You going to run for president?...

airbud7
07-23-2017, 08:13 PM
actually the race is pretty good now....thunderstorms outside force me to watch it...

Thumper
07-23-2017, 08:57 PM
It was a bumper car race today! Congrats to Kasey. It's been way too long since he's visited Victory Lane. Time to kiss the bricks!

airbud7
07-23-2017, 11:18 PM
It was a bumper car race today! Congrats to Kasey. It's been way too long since he's visited Victory Lane. Time to kiss the bricks!

Yea Thump^.....It was a good race...darn it am I contradicting myself?

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2017, 09:08 AM
NASCAR does not block out local tv coverage if the race is not sold out, so why not sit at home in your Lazyboy, next to the a/c, within 20 feet of the fridge, and enjoy the excellent free coverage instead of dealing with the costs and hassles of driving, parking, etc, THEN having to pay $100/pop for decent tickets so you can sit in the heat?

Damn, you sound old...

Thumper
07-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Old and comfortable. :D