PDA

View Full Version : WTF??

Thumper
07-24-2017, 09:44 AM
PT for geese?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WVTG3dXuVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arty
07-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Speaking of geese, I'm reminded of a local news story that happened about 2 weeks ago.

Geese are a problem down here. Every neighborhood and golf course that has retention ponds or lakes, typically have year around geese in them.

One neighborhood had a BIG problem with them. Somehow they got with the USDA, and the USDA rounded up 103 geese in this neighborhood and had them euthanized. They were turned into food for other wildlife at some wildlife rehabilitation center.

People in this city actually held MARCHES TO PROTEST THE KILLING OF THE GEESE! What a bunch of maroons.

DeputyDog
07-24-2017, 10:55 AM
We don't have an uproar about the killing of geese here but there is one when it comes to the mute swans. Those damn things are taking over some of the lakes around me and the tend to be pretty aggressive. My wife and daughter got attacked by a big male a couple years ago on one of our Waverunners. They hadn't been anywhere close to it or harassing it and were just trying to get to the dock when that big bastard came at them and started to chase after them and hit the waverunner with its wings. Scared the crap out of them.

There have been a lot of other incidents with them here also. One attacked a PWC going through a channel and actually punched holes in the fiberglass with its beak and another almost drowned a young girl that was swimming in front of her cottage. The swan attacked her because he felt she was a threat to its nest. The thing got on top of her in the water and was holding her down. The DNR started to thin them out but there was a big uproar and the program was stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2017, 10:55 AM
We have a shit ton of resident Canucks here. I don't mind them too much. Owasso has grown a lot and has paved over a lot of farm land to make room for Walmarts and Hobby Lobbys and Kohlses, sign of progress ya know. The geese still try to go back to where they fledged to nest. So they nest in planters and medians and about anywhere there is a patch of grass. The stores have to put up 'Don't feed the geese' signs everywhere. The geese stop traffic pretty regular and most folks don't seem to mind much. There was a big news lately when a couple teens from the next town up ran over some geese intentionally and showed no remorse for it. The whole town was disgusted for about a minute. Then they got a text. And moved on.

BKb

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2017, 10:57 AM
We don't have an uproar about the killing of geese here but there is one when it comes to the mute swans. Those damn things are taking over some of the lakes around me and the tend to be pretty aggressive. My wife and daughter got attacked by a big male a couple years ago on one of our Waverunners. They hadn't been anywhere close to it or harassing it and were just trying to get to the dock when that big bastard came at them and started to chase after them and hit the waverunner with its wings. Scared the crap out of them.

There have been a lot of other incidents with them here also. One attacked a PWC going through a channel and actually punched holes in the fiberglass with its beak and another almost drowned a young girl that was swimming in front of her cottage. The swan attacked her because he felt she was a threat to its nest. The thing got on top of her in the water and was holding her down. The DNR started to thin them out but there was a big uproar and the program was stopped.

That's not a fair fight. We should arm the swans against PWCs. I'd ally with Kruschev against PWCs.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Curmudgeon!

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Curmudgeon!

Guilty as charged!
BKb

airbud7
07-24-2017, 12:17 PM
a goose chase me when I was a little boy (5/6 maybe) and it scared the shit out of me....

Now I kick the shit out of any goose that even thinks about it!

Heck we were on the river this weekend and a water moccasin came off the bank 30/40 feet away and tried to attack us and I said..."look at this stupid fucker" and when he got close enough to the boat I whack that fucker with a paddle...

Last time he does that shit...