PDA

View Full Version : Construction Project Done

Hombre
08-01-2017, 05:42 PM
I hate construction but I think this one turned out pretty nice. The house sits on the 4th hole of TPC Snoqualmie golf course and besides the views of the course it also has some nice Valley / Mountain views. With that said we decided to do deck project.

This is standing away from the house, and finished version. On the second floor we added sliding french doors, this is to the master bedroom and really opens up the views to the moutains and the course. The deck itself is 20'x8' then an L-shape that is 12'x13'. This all leads to the down stairs covered porch.

The downstairs covered porch has an outdoor living space with sink, dual stove top, dual tap kegs, and fridge/wine fridge.

I'm pretty happy with the turnout, and even more happy I can step off the course for a beer or two.

View off the deck before railing was installed

Thumper
08-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Nice job! I could spend some serious time on that deck while you're playing golf! ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Nice! Where's the smoker/grill go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
08-01-2017, 09:56 PM
How many golfers have you shot, for breaking your windows with their errant golf balls ??? ;)

Very nice home and surroundings, btw !!!

Cards01
08-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Looks nice Boh!! Congrats

Bwana
08-02-2017, 08:44 AM
Looks mighty fine Hombre.

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Dang, I must have responded on my phone before the first picture loaded. Nice to see another Egg Head out there.

Nice! Where's the smoker/grill go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
08-02-2017, 09:50 AM
That some cool stuff. Congrats. Looks like a super place to get some relax time in.

Hombre
08-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks all, I've been enjoying it.

@Thump, you're welcome anytime. I'm sure there's some picking you can do in Washington
@Muddy, none so far. I'm in a pretty good location. This is hole 4 and I'm at the T-box, hole 3 is 300 yards across a street. So, it'd be hard to get hit by an approach or t--shot.
@CD, Yep I have both. I use the egg when I want something really good. I use the pellet grill when I don't want to spend a lot of time. I went with a Green Moutain pellet grill. It's pretty handy and wifi's to my phone. I can set up cooking recipes select one and it turns on.

Thumper
08-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Back in 1985, I was offered a job in Seattle and went up there to check it out and look around to see where I wanted to live if I decided to take the offer. I went out to Snoqualmie Falls and decided if I made the move, that was the area I wanted to live. It would have been a 30-min. drive to work, but in L.A., I already had a 1-hr. commute anyway, so it would have been an improvement. But, I was made a better offer in L.A. and decided to stay since I already owned a house there and was not looking forward to selling/moving, etc. It sure is a beautiful area up there.

Hombre
08-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Thump, that's where I live. In '85 Snoqualmie was really untouched you probably wouldn't recognize it today. Just in the last 5 years I've been here it has changed a lot. One of the big focuses in SQ is maintaining a lot of nature, and it's always a debate on whether growth is a good thing or encroaching on nature too much.

Thumper
08-02-2017, 01:51 PM
It was a beautiful area then and even with the development, I'm sure it still is. I hope they can all agree on a good balance.

My dad lived on Mercer Island for many years and that's one of the main reasons I considered moving up that way.

Sunshine
08-02-2017, 03:51 PM
WOW! That's really nice! Going to enjoy have it!! Nice work.

Cards01
08-02-2017, 04:21 PM
I was in that neck of the woods in 86 -89 courtesy of Uncle Sam. Made plenty of trips across Snoqualmie Pass heading to Yakima and Spokane. Got to experience fighting wildfires in Yellowstone in 88 as well.

Trav
08-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Looks great, keep a cold on ready for me.

Hombre
08-02-2017, 06:28 PM
^^Nanog^^ It's on

Arty
08-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Nice digs! Smoker, keg, and deck are the 3 rules I have for a great space.
You nailed them all and the view is pure icing on the cake!

jb
08-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Very nicely done, love the cable hand rail system, much better for keeping views available from inside the house.
Conc. deck looks like it's stamped conc. & colored, nice touch over plain smooth finish.
Is decking wood or a composit material ? I just redid our two level deck with Azek Decking, sure makes maintenance a thing of the past.
Enjoy the new addition, looks great.

Hombre
08-03-2017, 03:55 PM
The decking up top is actually a wood deck that was then covered in an epoxy waterproof coat. This was done because the covered part below is tongue and grove ceiling so everything had to be water tight upstairs.

johnboy
08-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Man, that looks nice. Love the draft setup!