PDA

View Full Version : Warning!! Only follow the link if you have an hour to spare.

Thumper
08-04-2017, 12:05 AM
SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!! I was digging around planning my route for tomorrows sales, and stumbled on this one. It ain't local for me, but it would have been years ago! Anybody in for a road trip next weekend? We can all meet at Muddy's house to group up, then head on up to Memphis. I have a buddy who lives in Germantown and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we crashed there for the weekend! (although his wife might) ;)

This guy makes Cappy look like a Boy Scout! Ya' collect stuff all your life, then a bunch of scabs dig through your shit after you're gone. It's why I quit collecting and started selling. What's the point?

https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Germantown/38139/1628484

Big Muddy
08-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Ha, ya'll come on down.....I need a couple of tractor drivers that weekend, anyway.....bushogging sunflowers for dove season. ;)

Thumper
08-04-2017, 08:44 AM
We'll make a quick run up to Memphis to buy sumpin' to shoot the doves with! ;)

Big Muddy
08-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Agreed.....that's the biggest day'um gun collection I've ever seen.....prolly a few million $, sitting in that house.

Thumper
08-04-2017, 09:27 AM
There's some incredible history in that house ... that's for sure. It's like a private museum. I'd like to attend the sale just to LOOK at the stuff. I seriously doubt there's much of anything there I could afford anydamnway. :(

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2017, 03:12 PM
That's an amazing collection. Something about it makes me sad though. The guy spent a lot time and money collection NG and it was obviously very important to him due to the way it was displayed. But, for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
08-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Yep, you right about that, Chick.....a while back, I got to thinking about my knife collection, and realized that other than the pleasure I got outta just looking at them, those knives really weren't doing anyone any good.....I figured that they should used by folks that would appreciate them.....so, I started giving them away to trusted friends and family members.

Thumper
08-04-2017, 04:08 PM
C/D, I used to collect most anything and everything. When I got into this estate sale thing, I realized those collections are usually nothing but a burden to the family IF none of them share your same interests. An old guy will pass away here and these days, families are many times scattered. The heir may live in Chicago, be busy working a job and raising a family. Many times they don't want to be bothered with dad's old barbed wire collection or mom's china teapots. It was difficult at first as I felt like I was intruding on somebody's privacy (digging through dresser drawers, closets and kitchen cabinets). I also noticed almost everybody collects "something"! You spend your whole life working on your collection, and in one weekend 200 people are gathering up pieces of it to take home for their own collections, or simply to re-sell at a profit. It didn't take very long to realize I had no reason to collect stuff that does nothing but sit around gathering dust. Then I found out how much fun it is to SELL that stuff and do things I may not have been financially able to do if I'd have kept it.

The collection posted above is nothing short of amazing and I personally believe much of it should be in a museum.