PDA

View Full Version : For your Friday hunting pleasure.....

Big Muddy
08-04-2017, 12:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthG4glF1es

Thumper
08-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Dang, towards the end there, it looked like they ran out of ammo and just started running them over!

Big Muddy
08-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Yep, and they musta been driving some sorta high-wheeled vehicle 'cause it didn't even make the vehicle look like it ran over a bump. ;)

Thumper
08-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I did see one 'bump', I suppose the tire ran right over that one.

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm not very experienced with hogs as they don't really have them up here. But, from what I've heard it seems like they'd get pretty smart to that shit awful quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-04-2017, 04:13 PM
They multiply so fast, it doesn't matter if they get smart to it ... once you get so many, it's like fishing in a barrel. I was deer hunting down here years ago and ran across a Game Warden. He asked how I was doing and then asked if I'd seen any hogs. He then told me to shoot every one I see if I want to and if I don't want the meat, just leave it for the buzzards. That's one thing I was thinking about during the video above, I wonder if they just leave those hogs out there to rot? That would make a bunch of mighty fine meals for the homeless or downtrodden. BUT ... who the "F" would do all that butchering??

quercus alba
08-04-2017, 04:20 PM
USDA gets involved and keeps food shelters from accepting just about any kind of wild game

HideHunter
08-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Actually, in most states, feral hogs are welcomed for various "food" programs. The helicopter guys take a waypoint on every hog shot..

Many states (including Iowa) have HUSH programs fro deer also.