PDA

View Full Version : Back From Dogtooth

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2017, 10:37 AM
2600 miles, many Kokanee beers, walleye for breakfast lunch and dinners along with some awesome food, good fishing, great company, and absolutely beautiful country later, I got home about 5:00 yesterday afternoon.
It was a little extra special this year since Len came with us. I think he'll be coming back from all indications.
We had a good group this year but due to accomodations having to be split, we didn't get to visit as much as we would've liked with our other Okie contigent. They stayed at the resort and the rest of us stayed out at the old decrepit Outpost. And due to vehicle issues we lost our Minnesota contingent on Wednesday. But we did the best we could with what we had and had a ball!

Fishing was a little tougher his year, at least for our boat. The ciscoes, the main summer forage base for walleyes, for whatever reason just weren't there. I don't know if they had a late spawn, no spawn, or what but the huge bait balls we usually see suspended in deep water just we practically nonexistent. And thus so were the walleyes. They were gathered up on every little titty point on the main basins and were after crawdads and perch mainly I suppose. Big fish for our boat was 27", about a six-seven pounder. Lots of 24s and 25s but big fish were rare.
The smallies were everywhere. Again, it was tough to find big fish but lots of 15 inch mules that thought they were killer whales.
It was a grand time! I'll add pics as I get the off my phone and I'm sure Len will add to this report as he gets uncovered at work.

359 days till Dogtooth!

BKB

Hombre
08-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Followed it closely on FB looked like all were having a great time. Maybe next year Len will pack shirts with buttons.

Captain
08-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Maybe next year Len will pack shirts with buttons.

Let's all HOPE so!
Some things are just not Christain....

DeputyDog
08-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Or at least he'll get some sun before leaving his shirt open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
08-07-2017, 04:34 PM
(a) Fornicate yourselves. (2) Dogtooth was amazing. I didn't get in to any huge fish but I caught my share of good smallies, put some walleye meat in the well and was killing the pike the last couple days. Catching one of those bad boys on a 1000 series reel and med light rod will get your attention! the group of guys were about as good as it gets. We ate like kings every night. Great great time and I'll go back any time they let me. I gotta go let another notch out on my dang belt.

Arty
08-08-2017, 07:51 AM
I can tell that very little fun was had.

Chicken Dinner
08-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Pictures or it didn't happen!

Hombre
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
In fairness to Barry he's probably having to scour through pictures to find the ones that don't have Len with partial nudity so he doesn't have to mark the thread NSFW

Trav
08-08-2017, 08:40 PM
In fairness to Barry he's probably having to scour through pictures to find the ones that don't have Len with partial nudity so he doesn't have to mark the thread NSFW
I think you mean NSFAE (Not safe for anything ever).