PDA

View Full Version : Niner Update -- 01-11-13 --- [:^)

Niner
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
We went out to Houston to MD Anderson this week for my three-month checkup.
I had a CT scan, some X-rays, a THREE HOUR (no shit) MRI, some blood tests, and I'm probably forgetting something.

Visited with several of my docs, who all said I was looking good.

Then we met with my oncologist last.
He said he had looked over all of the scans, and could find no traces whatsoever of tumor regrowth. Then he told us that he thinks it is time for us to stop the "post operative" chemotherapy! Di and I got so excited we nearly jumped for joy right there in the exam room. We've been praying pretty hard that this time would be the end of the chemo treatments. One reason is my kidneys and bone marrow have really taken a beating over the last year and a half, and are not very happy. He wrote the order for the infusion clinic to remove my port while we were in the exam room, and when we were done talking with him (and thanking him for saving my life)...we went down there and had that hose pulled outta my chest.

I still have to come back for checkups every three months, but no more chemo for me! That means that I should begin to heal up from last year's surgery faster now that the chemo won't be holding things back.

I'm having about a thousand emotions right now. Happy, excited, thankful, grateful, ......and all at the same time.

A great big THANKS to all of you all for sending out those prayers and "positive vibes". I am here to tell you that stuff works!!

LJ3
01-11-2013, 09:04 PM
HELL YEAH!!! That's GREAT NEWS, my friend. I'm really happy for you and Di!

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Niner, I have happy tears for you right now. That's a helluva way to kick off 2013. Bless you, brother. Give your wife a hug for me. I'm sure she's so relieved.

There's fish to be caught brother! I want to be there to increase your count some day!

BKB

jb
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
That's great news, we have a bunch of good guys and gals here, power of prayer is a good thing.
Now it's your turn to get better.

Sunshine
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. Happy dancing. Happy dancing!!
Believe me you don't want to see that!!! Lol
So happy for you and Di!!!

Now don't just stop the prayers, we all need to be praying for continued healing and also continue praying for everyone here, that's dealing with health issues.

What great news!!!! Wow we are a powerful bunch up Internet friends!!! :D

Chicken Dinner
01-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Woohoo!

Captain
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
That's great news Crownine!!! I'm very happy for you and Di... I remember when Cheryl had her last treatment. Here's hoping you continue to get those good reviews form the doctor....
Now get healed up and come shoot some of these SC Deers!!! :-)
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Howdy there, Captain Pickles. Good to see you post. You still huntin?

BKB

Niner
01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Every....EVERY.... time I think about how blessed I am, I say a prayer for our friend TW to come through his battle as blessed as I have.

Big Skyz
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Some of the best news I've ever read on this site. This is fantastic Niner!

Arty
01-12-2013, 04:31 PM
That's awesome news!

Buckrub
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Thats so good news....
I will be through there monday.....but jeannie and I have both been sick .....last thing I wanna do is infect u when you r down....ur call....but that scares me....gonna try and meet Tightline in way thru Macon.....Let me know.

Thumper
01-13-2013, 01:37 AM
That is GREAT news Mr. Niner! We'll have to celebrate sometime soon! ;)

Dang! Gonna miss you by a few days there Bucksnort. We'll be heading up to Hotlanta Thursday night (1/17) and will be heading back home the following Tuesday.

Niner
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the germs, Bucky.
I wore a surgical mask at the airport(s), on the plane(s), at the hotel (when not in the room), and at the hospital (when not seeing a doctor).
Maybe we can hook-up next time y'all come thru this way.

TeeDub
01-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Fantastic news Bill! Been praying for you too Bud. So far so good for me.... I'll post a short update.

HideHunter
01-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Pulling for both of you. Hang tough.

Bwana
01-14-2013, 10:15 AM
AWESOME news Niner and rest assured I will continue praying for you.