PDA

View Full Version : A hoarder dude??

Thumper
08-23-2017, 08:59 PM
This sale starts Friday ... what doesn't sell on Friday, will be 1/2-price all day Saturday until sold out. Looks like this guy had a few fishing rigs, but I have no clue what's there.

But that ain't nuttin' ... it looks like he really went overboard on his knife hoarding. I don't know if there's anything exciting there. It actually looks like a bunch of crap to me, but there could possibly be a few gems hidden in this mess'o knives. I really can't see much detail in the photos. At any rate, it may be a fun sale to go dig around a bit. Problem is, we're at the beach today and will be here for 5 days. I guess my buddy (who usually hits these things with me), will have fun while I'm gone. :(

This guy (who puts on the sale) is always very reasonably priced and will usually accept most any offer on whatever's still around later in the day on Saturday.

9301 9302

9303 9304

BarryBobPosthole
08-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Hey I'd be in the market for a handful of good looking pocket knives if you want to put a lot of say, ten together. I especially like the Puma bantam two blade ones with the German blades But I ain't picky. You know what I like already. If it ain't any trouble I'm in, if it is no worries.

BKB

Big Skyz
08-23-2017, 10:07 PM
What I'd give to walk into a room full of fishing gear like that. If any of those spinning rods say GLoomis or St. Croix and are going cheap, I'd be very interested. When I say cheap, I mean cheaper than what he told his wife he paid for them. ;)

Thumper
08-23-2017, 10:11 PM
I guess youse guys missed this part.

Problem is, we're at the beach today and will be here for 5 days.

Yessir, we're down in Ft. Myers all week and the sale above is back home. Since I'll be out of town, I don't know if my buddy will be going or not. :crybaby

Big Skyz
08-24-2017, 08:46 AM
Well it's easy to miss when you put that much eye stimulus in front of a guy.

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2017, 08:48 AM
You remind me of a gal I knew in high school, Thumper. Only she had two big melons instead of one.

BKb

Thumper
08-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Bof'a youse can bite me! ;)

We're running around Ft. Myers hitting a few estate sales down this way right now. It's not my favorite area for sales. Too many rich people. I like junky old houses where they never threw anything away and the old man was old-school and still has the ancient tools he's repaired things with all his life. Where he still has the old pocket knife he's carried in his pocket since he was 12 and his old WWII bomber jacket is still hangin' in the closet. Where his 80 year old wife still cooks with the cast iron that HER grandmother gave her as a wedding gift! That kind of stuff is what really talks to me.

The rich people's places are too sterile for me. Everything is new (and expensive). There are no old tools in the garage (or new ones) because the owner HIRES someone to make repairs on whatever breaks .... or simply throws it away and buys a new one. They certainly don't work on their own Mercedes. There are no yard tools because they have a landscaper who comes once/week. I LOVE finding old axes (and usually make a pretty penny selling them), but some rich dude will hire tree surgeons to do any thinning and will BUY firewood if he has a fireplace (or most likely have a gas fireplace).

BUT ... I DO enjoy hitting the thrift stores down here for some of the same reasons I'm not crazy about the estate sales. People donate ("throw away") good "junk" and buy new to match the new colors in the house after doing their regular 5-year remodel.

This estate sale/thrift store stuff is actually a bit of an art that can be refined with experience. It may sound goofy, but does any of that make sense?

Arty
08-24-2017, 12:48 PM
You remind me of a gal I knew in high school, Thumper. Only she had two big melons instead of one.

BKb

Hahaha...

LJ3
08-24-2017, 04:15 PM
I don't need any of it but I want all of it.