PDA

View Full Version : Cold enough to snow

jb
08-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Temps this morning in a few areas close to me were 29 and 32, just a tad bit chilly for the last week in Aug. :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Holy cow! You may have to start the fall pictures early this year!

BKB

DeputyDog
08-25-2017, 10:40 AM
We've been chilly here too. Last couple of mornings the temps have been in the mid to high 40's with it warming up to the low 70's.

Not quite as cold as JB but still chilly for the end of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
We're supposed to be in the mid 80's the next ten days or so. Lows in the low 60s. About as pleasant as anybody could wish for during Dog Days here in Oklahoma. Creeks are running, water up to the banks on all the ponds and pits, and no sign of heat stress on anything. Including the skeets.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-25-2017, 12:15 PM
We've got some beautiful late September weather forecasted here for the next couple weeks. I'll take it.

DeputyDog
08-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Definitely giving me the itch. Noticed a little swelling in the neck too.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2017, 01:44 PM
My pool water has been a little warm the past month or so. The cool nights the past week or so have really cooled it off. Now, the deluges we've had have had me spending more on shock than I'm used to.

BKb

Big Muddy
08-25-2017, 01:58 PM
I thought you had a salt pool.....do you still have to shock a salt pool???

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2017, 03:30 PM
No I have a chlorine pool.

I don't know nuthin bout saltin' no pools.
or birthin' no babies.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Seriously???....nearly everyone down my way has switched to salt pools.....they stay cleaner, longer, and cuts the chemical costs in half.....you barely can even tell salt is in the pool.

I don't own a pool, and never will.....my dad had one, before the salt craze, and it day'um near killed him and broke him, too.....nearly every time I dropped by for lunch in the summertime, he'd jump up before the meal was even over, and holler, "I gotta go shock that day'um pool !!!" ;)

Arty
08-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Seriously???....nearly everyone down my way has switched to salt pools.....they stay cleaner, longer, and cuts the chemical costs in half.....you barely can even tell salt is in the pool.

I don't own a pool, and never will.....my dad had one, before the salt craze, and it day'um near killed him and broke him, too.....nearly every time I dropped by for lunch in the summertime, he'd jump up before the meal was even over, and holler, "I gotta go shock that day'um pool !!!" ;)

CAPPY ^^^

Captain
08-26-2017, 05:31 AM
I saw that. Also called Hombre and he pretty much said the same thing. Or at least I think he did without, an interpreter I got most of what he said.

Hombre
08-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Salt is the only way to go. And Cappy I was half way through a keg so if you got half that's pretty much all that could be expected.