PDA

View Full Version : Un-Frigging Believable!!! (Thump post)

Thumper
08-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Well, I may need to change my opinion on hitting estate sales of the rich and famous! Lynn and I spent the last five days in Ft. Myers and hit about elebenty-bazillion thrift stores while there. I COMPLETELY loaded the car with quality 'junque' and we actually had to perform some very creative packing in order to fit our carry-on bags in the car to come home! I won't bore you with ALL the loot I picked up, but lets just say I did very well buying rich people's unwanted 'crap' this week! The very first day we were there, Lynn wanted to go to an estate sale at some $4,000,000 (true value) house on the water. These people are very well known in the area and ooze money from their pores. They are also big-time philanthropists. GOOD people from what I've read about them. (I don't want to mention names here)

Anyway, these are the type sales I normally don't care to attend, but Lynn really wanted to see how the 'other side' lives. Damn, I scored some cool shit for pennies on the dollar. Everything was VERY reasonably priced, but not a whole lot of things I'm interested in. I did score some Griswolds as well as 3-4 other items that I can't even remember now, so it wasn't a waste of time. BUT, you ain't gonna believe this one! I walked out in the garage and started digging around in the storage cabinets out there. Then I spotted something that really caught my eye. It was a brand new Filson, canvas duffel bag! Here's the same exact bag, but mine is basically an OD, 'military green' color. (the bag alone sells for $425.00)!

https://www.filson.com/duffle-bag-large.html?sku=11070223-fco-000971914&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIho2_9Kn61QIVyYizCh3xwA8HEAQYASAB EgKT2PD_BwE

Ok, I pulled it out and the tag simply said 'camo hunting gear', so I thought it was just the camo stuff inside the bag, so I pulled the bag out of the closet. I asked the dude how much he wanted for the bag and he said $65, but it's a 'package deal' for the bag and everything in it! I asked, "You mean it's $65 for the whole ball-o-wax?" He nodded, "Yes". Heck, I zipped it back up and threw it on my pile of items I was going to buy. All I wanted was that Filson bag, and $65 for the bag alone would have been a crazy, low price! Once we finished 'shopping', I stuffed all my loot into the trunk and we headed out to continue our 'shopping' trip. TBH, I left the stuff in the trunk until we got home last night. I never even dug through the bag until this morning. WTF???? You ain't gonna believe this one! It appears someone may have convinced this guy to go hunting, and being the filthy rich dude he was, he went out and must have told the clerk, "Give me whatever stuff I may need to go hunting." ;)

I've pulled out about every piece of Gore-Tex hunting apparel that Browning makes! It's 99% Duck Commander Series stuff, including Browning's 3-in-1 jacket/coat and a set of insulated bib overalls. There's a Filson, camo ball cap and a pair of waterproof LaCrosse boots. Ok, now get this ... the stuff is all brand new. Some of it still has the tags attached! Heck, I even found a Swiss Army knife (some sort of fly fishing collector's edition). It still has the model number and price tag on it .. $45.00, The bag also contained a new set of 5 Gerber kitchen knives in a canvas carrying case!

Cool huh? So what'cha think? Oh, no big deal? Well, how 'bout this? In the bottom of the bag was an interesting looking, padded (like a camera case), waterproof plastic, locking case. I opened her up and found one'a these bad boys in there, and when I turned it on, it powered right up! (Night scope with infrared) From what I can tell, I don't think this company is still around, but I read somewhere they were bought out by another company (not sure who). Here's a blurb I found on the net.

NIGHT-VISION SPOTTING SCOPE

First Class:

Hitek International CyberEye 003

While folks in uniform get the most sensitive scopes, the rest of us can night-stalk with top commercial gear like CyberEye 003, a single-eye spotter without the bulk or expense of binocular design. An uncertified gen-3-grade intensifier tube delivers a system gain of around 3,000 that turns deep-woods darkness into green-tinted clarity, and the IR illuminator lets you snoop in caves without disturbing inhabitants. The 16-ounce, metal-cased CyberEye has a camera-style C-mount, so you can replace the wide-angle optics (1x, 40-degree view) with your favorite zoom lens. A socket underneath fits tripods or rifle mounts.

CyberEye 003 with IR illuminator: $3,195. - Hitek International: (800) 546 4448, +1 (650) 363 1404.

9309 9310 9311

This was a very professional estate sale company, they even printed their own price stickers with bar codes! :thumbsup

DeputyDog
08-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Lucky bastard. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
08-28-2017, 12:31 PM
I don't even have words!

quercus alba
08-28-2017, 01:08 PM
I'll give you fitty bucks for the night vision thingee and even throw in an extra five for shipping

Hombre
08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
WOW this has to be your best find to date. That is super cool. Have you pulled out the nightvision yet and checked it out?

Thumper
08-28-2017, 01:27 PM
Q/A, I don't take checks. ;)

Hombre, I bought this stuff (sight unseen) Thursday morning and never even looked to see what was in the bag until this morning, so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Chicken Dinner
08-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Thumps gonna be out there tonight looking at his neighbor's titties through that thing.

Bwana
08-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Behind jb, you have to be the luckiest SOB I know.

Boy could I put the hurt on some coyotes with that scope!

Big Skyz
08-28-2017, 02:47 PM
No words

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2017, 03:01 PM
Thumps gonna be out there tonight looking at his neighbor's titties through that thing.

Its the first thing came to my mind too.

BKB

airbud7
08-28-2017, 03:17 PM
So Cool Thump!.......That made my monday Mo'Better ....:D

Chicken Dinner
08-29-2017, 03:16 AM
Its the first thing came to my mind too.

BKB

Notice there's been no denial...

Thumper
08-29-2017, 09:11 AM
I was busy last night. We've been getting feeder bands from that storm all week and rain has been coming down in buckets! Our septic system finally waved a white flag yesterday afternoon and gave up. So, I've been on mop-up duty. We have nothing but rain forecast for the next week, so I'm not sure when my drain field will get a chance to dry out. What a mess! But, it could be worse, at least I'm not in Houston. I can't even imagine what those people are going through.

HideHunter
08-29-2017, 09:14 AM
We have a saying: "Even a blind sow finds an acorn once in awhile." Congrats buddy.. Maybe not the Holy Grail - but you're gaining. ;)