PDA

View Full Version : Smoker and grill recipes

LJ3
08-31-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm tired of making the same ole stuff on the smoker. Do you guys have any go to sites for recipes

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 10:19 AM
Use a bigger font fuckstick.
BKB

LJ3
08-31-2017, 10:40 AM
EAT A GIANT DICK

Hombre
08-31-2017, 10:47 AM
http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes-page/

Thumper
08-31-2017, 11:03 AM
EAT A GIANT DICK

Don't tell him that! He may come knocking on my door! ;)

quercus alba
08-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Buy some Asian barbecue and smoke a meat loaf with some of that smeared on it. Then slice it thick, lay it on a hogie roll with some pickled veggies and a dab of rooster sauce

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 12:06 PM
Not a bigger dick, a bigger FONT.

Actually I wassitting in a public lobby reading Gh on my phone and it put your original post in a font that made me have to enlarge it to read it.

Then when i went back again it was in regular size.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
This is the absolutely best things I've come across in years. I usually serve it on a bed of either parmesean risotto or cheesy polenta. Just make sure you start out with some good looking beef short ribs. This recipe is a double-bonus for me as I braise them in one of my cast iron dutch ovens after the smoking process. (The only reason I don't make this more often is finding lean enough short ribs for my non-fat loving family members.)

http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/smoked-beef-short-ribs/

This one for Jamaican jerked chicken thighs is a keeper. It's a weird combination of spices, but somehow it works.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1146482/jerk-chicken

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Thanks, got 'em bookmarked!

BkB

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 12:25 PM
QA, that sounds right good. My Dad gave me a meatloaf pan for the grill that's pan inside a pan where the fat can drip off. I haven't tried it yet, but that might work with it. I've also seen where some folks are making chili by putting everything but the meat in an uncovered dutch oven on the bottom layer of their smoker and taking their meat mixture, making it into a round meat loaf and cooking it on the top level so the juice drips down into the chili. When the meat is done they crumble it up into the chili. I haven't tried that yet, but I do frequently take some left over pulled pork or brisket and mix it into my chili when I make it. The touch of smoke flavor in the chili is amazing.

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Thanks, got 'em bookmarked!

BkB

I'm also working up a recipe where I take those boneless/skinless chicken breasts, stuff them with a half a jalepeno filled with my favorite jalepeno popper mixture, wrap the whole thing with a slice of thick cut bacon. Smoke it and finish it with BBQ sauce. Good stuff.

Thumper
08-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Sheesh! There are times around this joint when I feel like I'm sittin' with a group of old wimmins!

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Never trust a man who would leave something important as smoking and grilling to a woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 12:41 PM
When that big oak went down in Thumper's yard recently the first thing I thought of was he'd have a awesome supply of great smoker wood.

He prolly didn't keep a single stick.

BKB

quercus alba
08-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Whole catfish are excellent when smoked. Serve with rice and a dipping sauce made from apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and fresh chopped chives. If you're real adventurous, add a little rooster sauce. Sauce is better if you let it set in the fridge overnight. Couscous can be substituted for the rice if you use chicken broth instead of water

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 01:10 PM
So do you smoke it skin on or off? And what size fish are you talking about?

BKB

quercus alba
08-31-2017, 02:34 PM
Usually off. I prefer them fiddler size up to a couple lbs live weight. Can use fillets in a pinch

Captain
08-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Are y'all cycles syncing up or something.
Men talking about how to cook?
This is like playing cards with my sisters kids.
And we banned politics?

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 04:02 PM
Zip it! I've had your grilled redfish on the half shell and your dove poppers. You're not fooling me...

LJ3
08-31-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm whipping up a complicated recipe just for you... A nice big ole platter of smoked shutthehellup.