PDA

View Full Version : Barry-Bob Posthead ....

Thumper
08-31-2017, 10:33 AM
... your back-ordered item has arrived. ;)

I went to an odd estate sale yesterday. It was a huge warehouse (an old citrus packing plant from the 20's). I have to admit, I mostly went to admire the cool old building which hasn't changed much at all over the years. Evidently the owner bought the place years ago and basically used it for storage. Tons of junk. I guess you could deem the dude a hoarder ... especially since this thing had 40,000 square feet of space!! Heck, he even had a few old semi-trailers stuffed full of junk. There really wasn't a lot there for me, lots of big stuff I don't deal with, but I did bring home a decent amount of smalls. I was in a back room and was literally digging my way through a huge pile of crap and when I shined my flashlight down into a big crevasse in the pile, I saw what appeared to be a wooden crate full of cast iron! Then I went into full honey-badger mode and shit started flying until I'd dug down through the mountain of "stuff". My heart was pounding as I dragged the box up out of the hole I'd dug. But, it was all unmarked cast iron. Some nice user pieces, but not a lot of collector value.

BUT.... I did find ONE piece in the whole pile that was a keeper ... a Griswold corn stick pan! There was also an unmarked corn stick pan which I determined was made by Lodge, but I figured a man of your elevated status would prefer something a bit more socially acceptable. ;)

Before I offer it to the International eBay community, I figured I'd check to see if you're still interested. ;)

9322 9323 9326

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Why hell yes and thank you! Text me with the amt and I'll paypal it to you.
Thanks Jim!

Thumper
08-31-2017, 10:47 AM
Will do. $0.99 for the product + $692.00 labor! ;)

It's in really nice shape, no chips or cracks. Heck, it wasn't even rusted, but it looked like it had 30 years of dust and cobwebs encrusted on it. I did wash it, dried with a blow-dryer then put a light coat of vegetable oil on it .... so you may want to season it.

(I'll text the legit numbers) ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Man, that things in good shape! I've often wondered how practical those bad boys were.

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm gonna try it put soon as I get it and I'll let you know!

BKB