PDA

View Full Version : Music opinions from those so inclined.....

Big Muddy
09-07-2017, 01:12 PM
My wife's first cousin in Nashville has been writing and co-writing songs for about 5 years.....from time to time, he sends us songs to listen to, for our opinions.....we are always honest with him, and quite honestly, some songs suck, and I'll tell him to keep his day job.....he's an investment banker.

If ya'll wanna render an honest opinion, here's his songs, to date:

https://soundcloud.com/BRIANLAVOYPAYNE

Thumper
09-07-2017, 01:38 PM
I have a very wide range of music likes ... from Rap/Hip Hop to Classical. Country falls into the "ok, but not a huge fan" category. I listened to song #1 and pretty much liked the verse ... but the refrain was a pretty rapid turn-off to me. Then I got busy, but left the music playing ... then, after the 3rd or 4th song, I realized I really wasn't paying attention and it was just background "noise". I'll have to wait until I'm in the mood to listen and actually pay attention to give an honest opinion. I will say, I don't remember hearing anything I couldn't stand.

That said ... they're about 1,000,000% better than I could ever hope to accomplish.

Big Skyz
09-07-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm sure there is an audience for that type of music, but it's that style that has completely turned me off to what is popular in country music right now. Anymore I feel like the Old Hippie the Bellamy Brothers sang about...pretty much hanging onto the old because I can't seem to grab onto the new.

LJ3
09-07-2017, 06:04 PM
It's not really my cup of tea but the execution isn't too bad. I think he gets a little carried away with toys and effects but that's just personal preference on my part. Take that with a grain of salt because I'm currently staring at 11 effects Pedals on my guitar rig.

Arty
09-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Uber Night is missing the bridge that says "oh crap it's 2am and Uber Surge is in effect, I can have one more shot, or afford to get home".
Damn those surges.