PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance Part II - what company?

Bwana
09-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Thought I would start another thread for this topic.

Given our spring trip destination was hit by Irma, extent of the damage unknown at this time, PLUS it looks like Jose might hit them too, this travel insurance thing is sounding more and more like a good idea.

I looked into an outfit called Travel Guard but their cheapest package was about $250, which seems a bit pricey compared to what some of you folks say you usually pay. That being said, what company do you use?

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2017, 09:42 AM
The $250 is closer to my experience. I don't have any recommendations either as I just cut the checks when it comes to travel plans.

BarryBobPosthole
09-08-2017, 10:27 AM
I just paid $69 to insure a trip we're taking at the end of September. It covers about $2200 in costs and seemed a bit high to me. I used VRBO for this rental and have used them in the past and can vouch for their service. They use a travel insurance partner called CSA.

Here is a site that kind of works like travelocity and the host of airline rate comparison sites. You could also look at tripadvisor for their ratings too.
Beware, you'll get a bunch of spam email like all businesses of this type. I have an email addy I use for that purpose.
https://www.squaremouth.com/100?gclid=CI-SxsHkldYCFU6RfgodxNoOpA

BkB