PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thumper, turn around!

Captain
09-09-2017, 06:16 AM
It's looking like Irma is gonna come in your back door before going up to distroy our place.
If it stays on current prediction you gonna have a Cat 3 dance right on top of your watermelon head!
Seriously dude it might be time for you to head north.
You and Lynn come on up to the SC house and ride it out.
This bitch is gonna be real when it gets to you.

Thumper
09-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Thanks buddy, but I'm ahead of you. Cheryl already sent me a key. We have the 12 cats in carriers already, but there's been a stray hanging around lately and we've been feeding him, but can't get real close yet. Once I trap him, we'll head that way. Lynn won't let me leave him behind, so there will be 15 of us altogether. Izzat ok? ;)

Seriously, this is one bad looking mf'er and you're right, on the course it's on, it'll come right in my back door and out the front door (and prolly take the doors with her!). I guess I should be reading all the fine print in my HO insurance policy, but what's the point at this late date? I'm prolly covered for earthquakes, forest fires and volcanoes, but not hurricanes. I'm not sure I've even taken a second glance at my coverage since 1989! :(

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Are you still gonna hunker down?

BKB

Thumper
09-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Are you still gonna hunker down? BKB

Yessir, gots too many critters here that need to be cared for, plus I'll be the main line of defense as long as the house is still standing. I've been through some bad ones, but never anything that looks this nasty.

The shrinks have me on a pile of PTSD meds, so I have a bit of a "give a shit" attitude. Kinda like smokin. a big ol' bomber then sittin' back and commenting on the nice breeze. :biggrin

My heros.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CWxgfTMLtc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm wondering where all those pythons are gonna go once the everglades flood.

BKB

Thumper
09-09-2017, 08:17 AM
We're handing 'em maps to Big Sky's house. ;)

Chicken Dinner
09-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Ha! The cats or the snakes? I have an idea they'd both meet the same fate. [emoji80]

Seriously, stay safe. We'll be thinking about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
09-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Stay safe amigo.

I've got an uncle in Dunnellon and a cousin in the Orlando area riding things out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
09-09-2017, 11:43 AM
If you show up at my place with 13 cats your load will be a LOT lighter on the return trip!

Big Muddy
09-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Gotta love a woman who sits out a hurricane, drinking in a bar, and throws coconuts at her storm windows. ;)

"""In Miami Beach, some residents chose to ride out the storm at home instead of heed Gov. Rick Scott’s orders to evacuate.

“Where am I going to go?" said Kathleen Paca, 56, in a South Beach bar. “It's not going to be that bad. I'm on the second floor and have impact windows. I've thrown coconuts at my windows and they don't break.”""

Big Skyz
09-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Go ahead and send those snakes to Montana. I've got a couple of real special places I'd like to release them. Granted all those places are currently on fire, but details schmeetails...

Sunshine
09-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Ive got family in Fort Myers.