PDA

View Full Version : I have a bridge in San Francisco I'd like to sell ya'!

Thumper
09-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Anybody buying this b/s? Maybe they should have consulted with Martha Stewart first. ;)

Three Equifax Managers Sold Stock Before Cyber Hack Revealed

Three Equifax Inc. senior executives sold shares worth almost $1.8 million in the days after the company discovered a security breach that may have compromised information on about 143 million U.S. consumers.

The trio had not yet been informed of the incident, the company said late Thursday.

The credit-reporting service said earlier in a statement that it discovered the intrusion on July 29. Regulatory filings show that on Aug. 1, Chief Financial Officer John Gamble sold shares worth $946,374 and Joseph Loughran, president of U.S. information solutions, exercised options to dispose of stock worth $584,099. Rodolfo Ploder, president of workforce solutions, sold $250,458 of stock on Aug. 2. None of the filings lists the transactions as being part of 10b5-1 scheduled trading plans.

The three “sold a small percentage of their Equifax shares,” Ines Gutzmer, a spokeswoman for the Atlanta-based company, said in an emailed statement. They “had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred at the time.”

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2017, 08:07 AM
But they'll sign you up for a free year of identity theft monitoring! What a cross marketing opportunity! They should give their IT guy a raise.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-09-2017, 08:39 AM
If the CFO didn't know about it, he should be fired anydamnway. That's almost laughably unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
09-09-2017, 09:56 AM
If they weren't part of a 105b-1 I am a little surprised they weren't in a blackout anyway

Arty
09-09-2017, 12:41 PM
If the CFO didn't know about it, he should be fired anydamnway. That's almost laughably unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm speaking way over my pay grade here... but given that all 3 only sold 1.8M between them, it seems believable.
I'm guessing they collectively have WAAAYYY more than than in stock.

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Yeah, what's a mllion bucks between friends?

The fact remains, they sold $2 million worth of stock just before the announcement became public.

I'm not sure what pay grade you have to be to smell the stink emanating from that one.

But we regulate these guys way too much already anyway.

BkB

Arty
09-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Yeah, what's a mllion bucks between friends?

The fact remains, they sold $2 million worth of stock just before the announcement became public.

I'm not sure what pay grade you have to be to smell the stink emanating from that one.

But we regulate these guys way too much already anyway.

BkB

I'm not saying they didn't know. And I also didn't say they are over regulated.
All I said was that 946k for the CFO of Equifax is not very much money.
Less than 15% of what he owns, in fact.

All that said - I just read another article that these trades were actually made 3 days AFTER the company knew. So I withdrawn statement altogether.

Thumper
09-09-2017, 02:58 PM
I'd say, if they got too greedy and pulled a MASSIVE sell-off, it would definitely raise eyebrows. My guess is, they were trying to fly under the radar. Heck, a million saved is better than nothing. Looks to me like they got busted anyway.

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2017, 03:02 PM
The fact that Equifax stands to make money off of the breach is galling in the first place. Then these guys making money off of what they knew but the general pub
ic didn't is doubly galling.

Galling I say.

BKB

airbud7
09-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Martha Stewart

Arty
09-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Is that the same when my thighs would chafe after walking around in jeans all day and my momma would put cod liver oil cream on them, cause I was "gallded"?