PDA

View Full Version : I gots a quershun for some o'youse knowabouters.

Thumper
09-12-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm sure I could research it on the net, but playing on the internet on a little phone ain't my idea of fun. Plus I'm just frigging busy. I assume this has something to do with some sort of anti-gouging law, but really don't know.

A few days before this storm rolled into town, EVERY gas station in town had regular posted at $2.69. (It was in the teens and low 20,s previously). I'm heading out to fill a couple of gas cans for my generator this morning and decided to check Gas Buddy to see who's open and to shop price. Well, EVERY station in town is still at $2.69.

Is there some sort of cap (obviously $2.69 in this instance) that they put on gas prices to prevent gouging? Like, is $2.69 the limit, but price at $2.70 and you'll go to jail for gouging? It's just curious looking and I've never seen it before. The gouging thing is all I can come up with. Anybody know?

Booger
09-12-2017, 08:52 AM
I was told the price must be based off what the last delivery cost. Next time they get fuel the price should jump up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
09-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Ask God. Maybe he knows...

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2017, 10:57 AM
As often as florida deals with hurricanes and such, I'd imagine they have some of the best anti gouging laws in the country.

Of course, we are talking about a state shaped like a dick, so...

BKB

LJ3
09-12-2017, 01:59 PM
A limp, lifeless dick at that.

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2017, 02:04 PM
With some suspicious looking runny spots on it.

BKB