PDA

View Full Version : We have power!!!

Thumper
09-12-2017, 02:30 PM
The story of my life. I spend 2-1/2 hours in line waiting to get a couple cans of $2.69 gas, come home, fill the generator tank, get her cranked back up .... and 10-mins. later, the power comes back on!

Oh well, at least we have a/c now.

That said, this little jewel was worth its weight in gold. Thank you Hyatt Hotels!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/6417c48520cdf4bd7bcfb8acbad42a29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Speaking of the Hyatt, did they get much damage???

Captain
09-12-2017, 02:53 PM
And here I sit in NC still got trees in the lines.

Thumper
09-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Muddy, no damage at all other than debris from the trees. They're surrounded by a huge building on one side (the Convention Center) and a high berm on the other (very large embankment for a highway overpass). I think that afforded a lot of protection from the wind.

Cappy .... AND a whole house generator! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Well, praise the.......er....power company.

BKB

DeputyDog
09-12-2017, 04:25 PM
And here I sit in NC still got trees in the lines.

Maybe some of the power company trucks from Indiana that went to Florida will stop by on their way back and get you fixed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
09-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Deputy, I ran up to Bass Pro Sunday to get a new crossbow cause mine flew all to hell when I shot that Doe opening day.
I bet there was 20 plus power trucks in the parking lot of Bass Pro with Indiana tags. They were headed south and must have wanted to do a little shopping on the way down.

Thumper
09-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Dang Cappy, I bought a new crossbow from BPS quite a while back and never used it. Heck, I stocked up with bolts and broad heads, etc. and all of it has remained untouched. I even have a nice airline approved (not that you'd ever need THAT) case for it. I don't even remember what it is, but it was one of their "top of the line" cross bows at the time. Know anybody looking for one? Heck, I forgot I even had it! It's never been fired, other than sighting it in at the BPS range.

Thumper
09-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Ha ha! Duh!!! I just remembered, I sold it a few years ago on Craig's List! But, I also have a compound bow, same deal, bow, case and all the accessories. I brought it home, stuck it in the closet and never took it back out. Same thing, sighted in at the BPS range and it's never been out of the case since. Again, was top of the line at that time, no clue where it stands now. Anybody?

Bwana
09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
What are the specifics on the bow Thump?

Thumper
10-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Well dang Bwana. Sorry, but I missed this somehow. I guess I was busy dealing with Irma and it got away from me. I see you posted this on the 15th and we were still without power at that time. I'll dig it out as soon as I can get freed up a bit and check it out. I'll let you know.