PDA

View Full Version : Remember the C130 that crashed here???.....

Big Muddy
09-13-2017, 01:13 PM
The crash site was only a couple of miles from our home.....it was horrible.....all souls aboard perished.....our town decided to honor all 16 of those brave Marines and Navy personnel with a special memorial service day, next month.....the governor and all the military big wigs, as well as all of the deceased member's families, will be attending.

The memorial service will be observed with the announcement of each of the deceased member's names, followed by the ringing of the final bell, and then taps will be played.

I got a call, last night, from one of my American Legion friends, who is a veteran with two tours in Iraq, and he was asked to announce the deceased member's names at the service.....he asked if I would assist him, by ringing the final bell, after each of the deceased members names are announced.....of course, I accepted.....I feel honored to be a part of such a powerful and moving ceremony.
I just hope I can hold myself together.....hearing taps played, gets to me every time.

airbud7
09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
you will do fine... usa2

quercus alba
09-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Westboro baptist will probably show up to protest. Might want to keep a couple of them big old pulpwood haulers handy

BarryBobPosthole
09-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Stand tall, Eddie!

BKb

LJ3
09-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a very cool and honorable thing to do.

My guaranteed tear jerker is Amazing Grace on bagpipes.

Big Muddy
09-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a very cool and honorable thing to do.

Yep, that one gets me every time, too. ;)

Big Muddy
09-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Westboro baptist will probably show up to protest. Might want to keep a couple of them big old pulpwood haulers handy

Ha, no problem about that bunch of nuts.....our local veteran's motorcycle club will be there in force, too. ;)

Arty
09-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Very honarable and special thing to be a part of, Muddy.
I'd cry like a bitch.

Captain
09-14-2017, 07:55 AM
That's pretty cool Muddy! Good thing your community is doing.

Thumper
09-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks Muddy .. what an honorable thing to be a part of. :thumbsup

Thumper
09-14-2017, 09:31 AM

I'm with you 100% on that one Lenster ... that one always turns on the water works for me. It's actually embarrassed me on a couple of occasions as I just can't seem to prevent it. I also get a lump in my throat and can hardly swallow.

AND ... I've heard these girls perform this LIVE a few times and since you're such a fan, I figured I'd share it with you. (grab a hanky) ;)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HsCp5LG_zNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LJ3
09-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Oh FFS with the Celtic wimmins!

Thumper
09-14-2017, 09:54 AM
:GH Shit Disturber:biggrin