PDA

View Full Version : This is some werid sheeit.....

Big Muddy
01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
This sheeit is right on top of me, and it's getting serious, too....yesterday, it was 76 degrees....woke up this morning to 20 degree wind chill, howling northwest winds, thunder, lightning, sleet, and freezing rain....the weird part is, all the pink stuff(freezing rain) in the pic below, is approaching from the southwest, outta Texas....that is the direction that we normally get hot winds and tornadoes.

This crap is sticking, too....power lines are sagging throughout the area, and tree limbs bent, nearly to the ground....looks like it might be a repeat of our 1998 ice storm, which was absolutely devastating.

jb
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Sheeeit, it's winter, what do you expect. :nevreness:

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Get the generator ready. I hate ice storms. Our trees have just now recovered from our last big one, three or four years ago I think. You can still see damage if you look. Makes me sick think about. And that was one winter and spring I worked my fanny off cleaning up from it.
Hope you get some releif like snow and soon, Eddie.

BKB

Thumper
01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh man! Talk about a bitch! Try driving an 18-wheeler during (and especially after) one of those storms! I hit a few big ones and it was a white-knuckler I'm tellin' ya'! I couldn't believe all the damaged trees along the way. It looked like a 200 mile wide tornado ripped through the area.

Big Muddy
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
We may have dodged the bullet....overnight temp. is holding steady at 33 degrees, and ice is slowly melting from trees and powerlines....tomorrow's high is expected to be around 39, so this stuff oughta melt, during the day....got my fingers crossed....I can't stand sitting around this office another day....I need to go out in the woods, and shoot something. ;)