PDA

View Full Version : The Question of the Hour: WWC&N Do?

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 01:24 PM
What Would Chuck & Nancy Do?

Seems to be foremost on the mind of Agent Orange lately.

BKB

Thumper
09-14-2017, 01:31 PM
TBH, between no electricity (TV) and clean-up since getting power back ... I've been totally out of the loop regarding National news. So, I've been living under a rock lately. Wazzup?

LJ3
09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Today's News Flash: Posthole's still pissed at Trump and hates everything he does.

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Trump did a threesome with chuck and Nancy and came up with a deal to build a chain link fence and put it on Mexico's prepaid Visa card.

BKB

Arty
09-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Trump did a threesome with chuck and Nancy and came up with a deal to build a chain link fence and put it on Mexico's prepaid Visa card.

BKB

Did trump throw Nancy some prepaid peter?

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 01:53 PM
All that he had!

BKB

johnboy
09-14-2017, 02:08 PM
BBP, I do find your post a bit confusing. You hate Trump. OK, I get that but why would his attempt to work with the Dems, in a bipartisan way, be a bad thing in your view? I would think you would applaud this move. What am I missing here? A serious question from a non-involved observer.

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 02:14 PM
I would hope, probably not realistically, that anyone who follows American politics would find humor in Trump's newly found buddy buddies Chuck and Nancy. And I posted it simply because of that. I find it funny as hell. I especially find it hilarious that he flipped from namecallng to a first name basis over night.
So unless he unites with the dems to give us universal health care or ends a war somewhere that he promised he'd end, I still think he's a fucking idiot.
But a funny idiot.

BKb

johnboy
09-14-2017, 02:24 PM
I get the feeling that he would make a deal with the devil if he thought it would move forward his agenda. You don't always have to like the people that you deal with to make a good deal. Sometimes you just bite your tongue and get it done.

DeputyDog
09-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Who else is he gonna work with? They are the Democratic leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 02:32 PM
I get the feeling that he would make a deal with the devil if he thought it would move forward his agenda. You don't always have to like the people that you deal with to make a good deal. Sometimes you just bite your tongue and get it done.

I couldn't agree more. Reagan and Tip O'neill are one prime example of two diametrically opposed politicians who got a lot of their agendas done by working with one another.

For example, the immigration act Reagan signed did a lot of common sense things. For one it made it illegal to hire or recruit illegals and required employers to vouch for their employees' status. And oh yeah, he gave amnesty to about four million illegal immigrants. This was all worked out between the D's and the R's. They got it done.

Speaking of that act, with all the talk of 'we're a nation of laws' where is the Justice Department push to identify amd prosecute those companies who regularly hire illegals? The answer is, THERE AIN'T NONE. All that talk is just wind.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Who else is he gonna work with? They are the Democratic leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He pretty much has alienating everybody so far. I'm sure Paul Ryan would kiss his butt for a crumb.

BkB

LJ3
09-14-2017, 02:37 PM
I like that he doesn't seem to give a fuck who he does business with to make some progress. That's more than most fuckface politicians do. If he can compromise to get things done instead of being hardheaded and obstinate, I support it. Compromise gets shit done. Not moving an inch on some fucked up principal accomplishes squat.

johnboy
09-14-2017, 02:43 PM
What he said.

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 02:44 PM
This is an awesome time for dems to come to the table with their plans (assuming they have any). Trump would sign about anything if he thought it'd give him credit for some major legislation in his first year. That's a huge bargaining chip and the debt ceiling deal gave them even more leverage.
But my opinion is the Democrats in Congress don't have any more of a semblance of a plan than the dumbass Republicans do.
So we have a dumbfuck president, an inept Congress, and a politicized court. I'm starting to think gridlock might actually be the best blessing we could ask for.

BKB

LJ3
09-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Keep thinking he's a dumbfuck. That's how he became President and showed who the true dumbfucks were (not you).

Crazy? Sure. Dumb? not a chance.

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 03:23 PM
"Amnesty Don" is so dumb he thought Peter Pan was a hospital instrument.

BKB

LJ3
09-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Pelosi and Reid are so dumb they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel.

Captain
09-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Posty there is no winning With you.
You preach compromise and come together and when someone does you belittle the effort.
Hell he can't even dress right to hand out water in the hurricane areas according to you

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 03:43 PM
I'll believe compromise will happen when I see it.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Posty there is no winning With you.
You preach compromise and come together and when someone does you belittle the effort.
Hell he can't even dress right to hand out water in the hurricane areas according to you

If he'd ever get off his ass and do something, I would have something more substantial to criticize him about.

BKb

airbud7
09-14-2017, 04:38 PM
I don't give a Fuck what he does as long as he gets 1 more Supreme Court Justice in place...I hope for 2/3 more....

Fucking left-wing liberals wanna rewrite the Constitution!.........as far as gay rights go I could care less whose dick they suck/marry...And White lives matter just as much as Black!...

Fucking Fucktards...

LJ gave me permission to use that last one a long time ago.

Hombre
09-14-2017, 05:55 PM
I think it is a brilliant move by Trump. He's recognized that everything he's promised was getting blocked in a Republican lead congress. He's now making deals with the Dems. Messaging is simple....If Trump is able to move stuff forward through the Dems, even if it isn't 100% his agenda, it is a catastrophe for republicans with midterms coming up soon. During midterms the dems will have a way to show partnership and movement...something I don't think the republicans can allow........Coming back to Trump I have to believe he is having these conversations with Ryan right now.....either you start playing ball with me or your out of a job @ mids

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 06:17 PM
That's my take on it too. He's playing the Dems off against the Rep congressional leaders. The only problem with that is that he's allowing the Dems to play him against his own party.
I'd love to see true compromise in Congress. If this tactic results in any I'll be the first to congratulate him.
But ask yourself, if the GOP is so divided they can't get stuff through their own stinking majority with only 50 votes required, howthe hell will they have any leverage at the end of September (and still no congressional budget) when the rules put the bar at 60 votes in the Senate? What folks are starting to realize up there is there are really three parties in the congress. The Tea Partiers, the GoP, and the Dems. The Dems haven't obstructed anything. The GOp keeps stepping on its own dick.
Trump isn't a genius for doing this, but you gotta admire his pure unadulterated gall. He is like Kribbs when it comes to wimmins.

BKb

Hombre
09-14-2017, 06:30 PM
First, Trump isn't a republican he's a business man who is willing to side with anyone who moves his agenda forward. Over the next few months he'll play some dangerous games that could backfire. The first is mentioned above. I think he'll try and pressure republicans in line by moving some issues and compromising with the dems. The risk being the repubs lose several seats and compromise is over at that point. The second is with things like DACA. He'll look for a compromise. He originally through out something that was never going to happen "the wall" but now is willing to work to get tighter security and re-instate DACA with a plan. The risk being the hard liners that elected him don't see this as a win. Others will see it for what it is a negotiation tactic. Set the bar high essentially setting an anchor to negotiate from and negotiate back into something reasonable. I'm not a Trump fan but these seem to be the wisest moves he's made as of yet.

airbud7
09-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks to the media there will be no Democratic Party in a few years.

they shoot there own dam self in the foot...

https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/don_knotts_barney_and_the_bullet_andy_griffith_sho w-jpg.263245/

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 06:48 PM
First, Trump isn't a republican he's a business man who is willing to side with anyone who moves his agenda forward. Over the next few months he'll play some dangerous games that could backfire. The first is mentioned above. I think he'll try and pressure republicans in line by moving some issues and compromising with the dems. The risk being the repubs lose several seats and compromise is over at that point. The second is with things like DACA. He'll look for a compromise. He originally through out something that was never going to happen "the wall" but now is willing to work to get tighter security and re-instate DACA with a plan. The risk being the hard liners that elected him don't see this as a win. Others will see it for what it is a negotiation tactic. Set the bar high essentially setting an anchor to negotiate from and negotiate back into something reasonable. I'm not a Trump fan but these seem to be the wisest moves he's made as of yet.

I just heard him this afternoon say:
1 He's a Republican hrough and through (exact words)
2 There would be no amnesty of any kind for Dreamers or anyone else. (exact words)
3 We are deinitely building a big, beautiful wall. (exact words)

Tell me again where this grand compromise is?

BKB

Hombre
09-14-2017, 08:13 PM
So now you think everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is the truth vs a lie? I think he should absolutely be saying we are gong to build a big beautiful wall, then when a viable technological alternative is proposed he'll fight a bit more then compromise. This is negotiation 101, I'm sending you his book Art of the Deal!

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah, he's really demonstrAted his deal making prowess.
I just never realized changing teams was a tactic that was acceptable outside of say, Big Brother.

BKB

Hombre
09-14-2017, 08:34 PM
So you'd say no matter what the Dems were doing, saying, or acting you have to stick with them? And, there is the root of our entire problem. Why criticize Trump supporters then by your own logic they had a choice and that was there team. And, again by your logic there is no way in hell they should vote for Hillary (she's on the other team). Plus, I'm calling BS...you told me you switched teams one time in college just as an experiment :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Bite me!

No, I used an example of the kind of compromise that I think has proven to be productive.

The kind of compromise you are suggesting Trump is making isn't compromise at all. It is the proverbial drowning man grabbing for anythng he can possibly grab before he goes down for good.

BkB

Hombre
09-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Only time will tell. I'm not a Trump fan, as mentioned, but I see this as one of his better moves..again we'll see.

Captain
09-14-2017, 09:20 PM
I'll believe compromise will happen when I see it.
BKB
You won't ever see it if a Republican does it. You would only see it if a democrat tried.

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 09:27 PM
You won't ever see it if a Republican does it. You would only see it if a democrat tried.

I guess the fact that I used Reagan as my example of compromise was just a mirage then.

BKB