PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Observation

Big Skyz
09-14-2017, 05:01 PM
It started raining last night and has rained all day long. They are doing quit a bit of remodeling and adding a large addition here at work. So a lot of lawn is torn up and there is quit a bit of bare dirt. On the concrete or asphalt water is pooling up. However on the dirt and grass there isn't a single puddle anywhere. As soon as the rain hits the ground it is sucked up just like a big sponge. I don't know if I ever seen the ground so dry and thirsty, so to speak. It's a little odd to see so much water around, but not pooling anywhere on the dirt and grass. Hope it rains enough to cause mud puddles everywhere before it's done! It has been great leaving the windows open and smelling rain instead of smoke!!!

Big Muddy
09-14-2017, 07:08 PM
You need some of my MS blue gumbo dirt clods.....water stays on the surface for days and sometimes weeks at a time.....it'll make clods as big and heavy as cannon balls, when dried out.....I tell folks, the South woulda won the war, if the Rebs had known that these gumbo clods coulda been shot outta their cannons. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-14-2017, 07:23 PM
I love the smell of the rain too in the summer and fall. Last time I smelled it up close I was fishing in it with two other dumbasses. We were all three counting the time from the flash till the thunder and when it got down to about 3 1/2 - 4 seconds we had to bail.

That was in May.

BKb