PDA

View Full Version : 25 or 6 to 4

Big Skyz
09-15-2017, 09:34 AM
I'm usually not that impressed with covers, but this is tight and that lead guitarist is on fire. That dude can play! He makes it look so effortless. I'd love to be half that good. Methinks a lot of you will enjoy this. At least listen through the guitar solo.

https://youtu.be/9_torOTK5qc

BarryBobPosthole
09-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Nice cover. I thought the drummer was the tightest musician in the bunch. The lead vocalist can obviously squeeze his nutz as tight as Pete Cetera did to hit those high notes.

BKB

and no, this guy couldn't carry Terry Kath's picks.

Big Skyz
09-15-2017, 10:07 AM
BBP, I agree the drummer was the tightest, but that guitarist was pretty darn good playing some pretty insane licks on that guitar.

BarryBobPosthole
09-15-2017, 10:14 AM
That song has an awesome lead guitar part on it. Thanks for the earworm. I'll be humming that tune all day now.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Ya'll are a buncha nitpicking naggers, and too day'um critical....that was a GREAT jam !!!.....and, the little midget on the trumpet was the best of the bunch !!! ;););)

BarryBobPosthole
09-15-2017, 10:37 AM
I admit to being overly critical of covers. Especially when its a classic song like that one.

I have a special place for bands with horns. Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears, and a one hit wonder The Ides of March have long been favorites.

BkB

LJ3
09-18-2017, 09:50 AM
That guitar player did Terry Kath a solid. It's a lose/lose situation when you're trying to cover a guitarist that Hendrix said was better than anyone out there.

Great cover. They did the song justice.